Chunky

In case you're confused by my title but were still interested enough to click on it, I wanted to ask what is your opinion on uploading large chunks of your book at a time?
I am aware that if you want to be popular on Royal Road your best bet is to consistently upload high-quality chapters, or at the very least just be consistent. I however have a very wack schedule for my writing and since I can't consistently upload chapters, I thought uploading larger chunks of my book would be much more memorable for my readers than individual chapters that come out at inconsistent times.
What do you think?

Re: Chunky

Temple Wrote: Can you chop up those large chunks and schedule them over a period of time? Hopefully, by the time they've all gone up, you already have free time again to write the next large chunk, and then chop it up again.
Yes, I absolutely could, because when I refer to large 'chunks', I'm talking about roughly ten or more chapters (could be way more but that's about the minimum I'd do). I could easily put out a chapter daily or every other day, however I think you're underestimating my procrastination skills and general laziness. I really do want to write daily, but who knows what might come up. This is why I thought chunks might be a viable option. I thought that a large amount of content at once would be more memorable for those who are interested in my book than daily chapters that might suddenly stop and start again all of a sudden.

Re: Chunky

Amine Wrote:
Temple Wrote: Can you chop up those large chunks and schedule them over a period of time? Hopefully, by the time they've all gone up, you already have free time again to write the next large chunk, and then chop it up again.
Yes, I absolutely could, because when I refer to large 'chunks', I'm talking about roughly ten or more chapters (could be way more but that's about the minimum I'd do). I could easily put out a chapter daily or every other day, however I think you're underestimating my procrastination skills and general laziness. I really do want to write daily, but who knows what might come up. This is why I thought chunks might be a viable option. I thought that a large amount of content at once would be more memorable for those who are interested in my book than daily chapters that might suddenly stop and start again all of a sudden.

Okay, say you can write ten in one go, and you can only do it once a month (could be more than once a month, but once a month at the very minimum assuming you're very busy). What you do is release one chapter every three days, so that's about a month, and when they run out, you'll already have the next batch going. Or maybe you can release every other day, so 20 days for 10 chapters, and maybe you'll have the next batch ready after three weeks? 

For me, it's better if you can have a more regular release schedule than one huge chunk and then disappear. If you want to be memorable, one chapter every three days is better than ten chapters once a month.