Re: Words per chapter

Looks at chapters that range between 14,000 some words and ~900+ words (recently to produce more chapters a month/year I have been breaking chapters into parts that I can publish every week instead of once every other month). Yes, I should break that 14,000 word chapter up. Even if I do break it up, I still have other chapters that are around 12000 words right next to a 2000 word chapter. My chapter length is all over the place. Maybe one day I'll fix it. 

Moral of the story. Write what works for you. Fix chapter lengths later (or be weird and never fix them because that's a style too). People will either read or drop your story anyway. 

Anehalia Wrote: Looks at chapters that range between 14,000 some words and ~900+ words (recently to produce more chapters a month/year I have been breaking chapters into parts that I can publish every week instead of once every other month). Yes, I should break that 14,000 word chapter up. Even if I do break it up, I still have other chapters that are around 12000 words right next to a 2000 word chapter. My chapter length is all over the place. Maybe one day I'll fix it. 

Moral of the story. Write what works for you. Fix chapter lengths later (or be weird and never fix them because that's a style too). People will either read or drop your story anyway.

Hear hear!

Izumi_Houtarou Wrote: What the best word count for a chapter?

Is 1500 okay?
 Yes, it is. Web Novels are often read on a cell phone and it's easy for verbose authors to annoy readers when they have to jump off a train or bus mid-chapter because they write 5k+ chapters. I personally aim for 1500 but range from 1200-2200 depending on what I need to write in the current update.