Looking for a Comprehensive Review

Good Afternoon!

Or Morning!

Or Evening!

I don't know, depends on where you are at really, but hello nonetheless.

I am looking for a to-date comprehensive review of Mercenary Mage. Review swapping at this point is, unfortunately, not enough due to my long-winded writing style. Many of the reviews I have gotten recently have many of their issues addressed in later chapters. So the reviews I have gotten recently, while very much appreciated, don't help me much as a writer.

Hence the request for a comprehensive review up to chapter 10 or later.

I am willing to do a lot to get a few offers, including the following:

- a Comprehensive review in response
- editing help
- as much discussing and feedback on your story as you would like (always happy to talk)
- meeting on discord to chat about various ideas
- anything else you could think of really lol

I really want to advance in my writing style, scope, and methods. But the current 10k word reviews don't work for me now. Cause that's my first two chapters. It took me this long to realize that, but what can you do right?

If you are interested in such a swap, change, discussion, or anything otherwise please respond or shoot me a message. Something on this scale I would probably be able to dedicate enough time to two such swaps. I will update my post below each time I complete such a swap and be open to the next one.

Let me know if you are interested :)

Best Regards,

That Ratty Fellow

Re: Looking for a Comprehensive Review

beast_regards Wrote: I was one of the people who did the review on the early chapter and left it at that. Now I caught up. And I am not certain changing the review I made back in the day would help, I don't think I would give it a better overall score, but I am willing to rewrite the review if you think it would be fairer than that way, now I seen more chapters.

Oh yeah! And I appreciate that beast. Your review made me a rethink a few of my ideas for the story overall. I really appreciate you taking the time to leave that initial review. Thank you!

I think maybe my post was a bit less informative than I had initially wished. I'm not so much looking for someone to leave a review such as I am looking for someone to discuss Merc Mage overall with. From writing style to things that don't make sense.

After all, as the author it all makes sense to me lol.

ShadowRat Wrote: Oh yeah! And I appreciate that beast. Your review made me a rethink a few of my ideas for the story overall. I really appreciate you taking the time to leave that initial review. Thank you!

I think maybe my post was a bit less informative than I had initially wished. I'm not so much looking for someone to leave a review such as I am looking for someone to discuss Merc Mage overall with. From writing style to things that don't make sense.

Which part of your story are you referring to? One that makes sense to you, but wouldn't make sense to the readers.

beast_regards Wrote:
ShadowRat Wrote: Oh yeah! And I appreciate that beast. Your review made me a rethink a few of my ideas for the story overall. I really appreciate you taking the time to leave that initial review. Thank you!

Which part of your story are you referring to? One that makes sense to you, but wouldn't make sense to the readers.

That's the kicker, I'm not totally sure lol! I am just looking to get better as a writer.

beast_regards Wrote:
ShadowRat Wrote: That's the kicker, I'm not totally sure lol! I am just looking to get better as a writer.
Improve in which way, exactly? My writing has a lot of issues with English simply not being my first language, but your has no such problem...

Should I try to rewrite the review I made for your story, I wouldn't rate it any worse or better than I did back in the day.

Just the fact you are offering to re-write a review for me humbles me to a level I find difficult to explain. 

Thank you for caring enough about my writing to offer. I am immensely appreciative.

No thank you though. I am looking for someone to discuss my writing with. And honestly? The more I think about it the more I think an Authors Group would be a cool idea. Discuss methods of writing, styles, ideas, and just kick concepts around within a group of people who love creating worlds and new stories.

I think my post, as well-intentioned as it was, was poorly thought out in what I was looking to achieve.