Re: I need help naming a new story

Blind_Watcher Wrote: Fleeing with Abandon: Works as either a narrative angle viewpoint or if you decide to tell it from the hero's perspective. "We are running away together." Also a play on words for running away as best they can.
Adventuring with Abandon. Fun wordplay.
Travelling with Abandon.  Fun wordplay.

Abandon the Hero: If you want the protag to deliberately act against his role and be heroic. A fun play on words.

Just a few off the top of my head.
Those are great 

Blind_Watcher Wrote: Fleeing with Abandon: Works as either a narrative angle viewpoint or if you decide to tell it from the hero's perspective. "We are running away together." Also a play on words for running away as best they can.
Adventuring with Abandon. Fun wordplay.
Travelling with Abandon.  Fun wordplay.

Abandon the Hero: If you want the protag to deliberately act against his role and be heroic. A fun play on words.

Just a few off the top of my head.

word play is great. some of those will def be considered. ;lol

So it's a story of a Demon King and a Hero deciding to try and end the infinite cycle of violence by just no longer caring and running away together? Let's see what I can come up with off the top of my head. Hmm...

Did We Ever Try Peace?
Why Can't We Be Friends?
Destiny Denied
Why Bother?
We're Done.
This Cycle Must End.
Breaking Free.
Something New.
By Royal Decree, We Quit.
Rival Royal Romance
A Demon's Princess and a King's Hero

Hope these help.

Gasmaskbro Wrote:
The Wrote: The abandoning of Abandon [One of those weird books with decent content and names that are way too long]
Why do people keep saying Abandon in these? Do they mean to say Abaddon or is there something I'm missing?
The OP mentions that the demon is named 'Abandon,' and they want to make a pun on it. Abaddon is a more obviously associated with the names of religious figures than Abandon, however.

I suppose they could draw on some pun involving Dante's 'Abandon all hope, ye who enter here,' which concerned the gates of Hell. Or some variant of 'abandon ship' or 'abandon the mission.'

Quote:
Crusixblade Wrote: Basic concept. After thousands upon thousands of years of being reborn to battle each other, The Demon Lord and the Hero (reborn as a princess) decide to just run away from their ancient battle to do literally anything else for once.

My comedy senses are tingling with this one, and if it's so...

Fuck the Prophecy! or To Hell with This Cycle!

MOROSE Wrote:
Gasmaskbro Wrote:
The Wrote: The abandoning of Abandon [One of those weird books with decent content and names that are way too long]
Why do people keep saying Abandon in these? Do they mean to say Abaddon or is there something I'm missing?
The OP mentions that the demon is named 'Abandon,' and they want to make a pun on it. Abaddon is a more obviously associated with the names of religious figures than Abandon, however.

I suppose they could draw on some pun involving Dante's 'Abandon all hope, ye who enter here,' which concerned the gates of Hell. Or some variant of 'abandon ship' or 'abandon the mission.'

The further planned jokes is that people would obviously be like "Abandon is a weird name." to which a demon would go "Humans literally name their children Grace and Charity. It's not that different."