The new guy

Hello everyone. New guy here.

I started writing short stories a few months ago. Was not sure where to upload them. The obvious choice was kindle back then, since it's the biggest platform. I guess kindle is great for established authors, but so much for new authors.

Too bad I can't make my stories perma-free on kindle. I am just looking for some feedback and to entertain people. But at least I got some great reviews there, which is nice.

Everyone was praising royal road, according to my research. So here I am.

Currently I have here "red apple". A mystery story about a father and his daughter. Can't say more, or I'll ruin the mystery.

I am also uploading "Child Hater, Lover", my newest short story which is a bit longer. It's done and I will add the chapters as soon as it is approved here.

Next up I want to work on another story, and do chapter by chapter slowly and upload it here.

I was thinking on making them into an audio book and uploading them to youtube. Do you prefer to read or to listen?

I also made a small, free game on steam. I would like to combine my basic knowledge of programming with story writing to make a "choose your own adventure" game. Do you remember those? Not sure if they are still hot, but they used to be in the early 2000s.

Other than that, I am big King fan. Favorite books series is the dark tower. Love it.

Sorry for writing too much. Guess this is my introduction.
Hope you enjoy and have a great day!

Re: The new guy

Welcome to Royal Road. I do remember others mentioning "choose your own adventure" stories, but can't remember who. Could try a search to see if there are any others on Royal Road. LitRPG is the top genre here so I think there should be a good audience for your work. I'm not familiar with it, but there is a volume feature which allows different books to be included together. Might be a good way to combine your short stories since people here seem to like longer works. Hope you find Royal Road a good experience and that many people read your work. Good luck.

parkertallan Wrote: "LitRPG is the top genre here so I think there should be a good audience for your work."

First off, hello everyone and thank you!  DrakanMelt

I don't know what LitRpg is, but it's good to know. I will look into it, maybe it will be fun to write in this genre. I am open to almost anything.

Initially I was thinking more of making it like a game on steam. With stats and a virtual dice, so, a software. But the same should work with chapters too here.
It will be, a very confusing and though job to pull off. Once it gets longer, its hard to keep track.

But, step by step, everything is possible.

Have a great day and many readers!

Select your path
Path of the reader:
You gain the ability to read many pieces of fiction during your stay within Royal Road, but will forever think on the times you can craft your own works.
Path of the writer:
You gain the ability to publish fiction for others to peruse, and possibly critique. Comes with the downfall of negativity that rides along with the positivity.