Want to post an Original to Royal Road. Help with the rules?

Hey! I usually write Fan Fics on Webnovel but I don't want to sign a contract with Webnovel to sign over the copyrights on my original. I made an account to specifically ask what are the terms/rules/things when you post to Royal Road. Not for nothing but I'd rather not get smashed over the head with a 'not your book anymore' bat, also I wanted to ask if there were specific requirements to post an original? for example consistent chapter releases or a word count per chapter?

If anybody could clarify or even point me to something that I may have missed which has all this info, that would be a huge help! 
Thanks
Monkey

Re: Want to post an Original to Royal Road. Help with the rules?

You know, you can read the faqs yourself. It's not like they are hidden.
Read the Terms of Service: https://www.royalroad.com/tos. The reason you want to read them is because most people don't bother reading what they sign up for so they don't know what to tell you.

And no, there is no contract, RR doesn't have monetization, neither do you loose you rights or sign them over, and you don't have to write X amount of words. The only thing that's there is the typical terms of service with a platform such as asking permission to show your work and for you to follow the rules.

The thing is Webnovel isn't what I would call a typical writing platform. Webnovel is it's own special bit of nonsense. Basically many writers avoid Webnovel because they've garnered such a bad reputation. 

LJ Wrote: You know, you can read the faqs yourself. It's not like they are hidden.
Read the Terms of Service: https://www.royalroad.com/tos. The reason you want to read them is because most people don't bother reading what they sign up for so they don't know what to tell you.

And no, there is no contract, RR doesn't have monetization, neither do you loose you rights or sign them over, and you don't have to write X amount of words. The only thing that's there is the typical terms of service with a platform such as asking permission to show your work and for you to follow the rules.

The thing is Webnovel isn't what I would call a typical writing platform. Webnovel is it's own special bit of nonsense. Basically many writers avoid Webnovel because they've garnered such a bad reputation.

THANKS! sorry I didnt read the FAQ... I kinda skimmed it and when I didnt see the question I wanted to ask, I just made an account and asked lol Thank you though!

DrBuller Wrote:
Paradoxcloud Wrote:
The Wrote:
LJ Wrote: Read the Terms of Service: https://www.royalroad.com/tos. The reason you want to read them is because most people don't bother reading what they sign up for so they don't know what to tell you.
Wait...That exists?
Many things on this site are hidden in dark crevices.
DrakanZip
They only seem dark in light mode. In dark mode, it's all dark  FancyDrakan