Looking for specific SF-crashes-into-fantasy story

There was this story I read a while back, but for some reason I never bookmarked it. Now I'm looking to pick up where I left off, but I can't remember the title. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd really appreciate it.

Here's what I remember:

1. It's literally a SF-crashes-into-fantasy story; a human space warship has a thing happen to it and crashlands in the unclaimed lands of a fantasy world where there are no other humans. There are, however, elves, dwarves, goblins, etc.
2. The goblins are barbarians and pirates.
3. The elves (the rulers, at least) are religious nuts, and also assholes.
4. The humans decide to protect the people that they come across (of all races) from the goblins, the elves and anyone else who'd hurt civilians.

All pretty standard so far. The most memorable bit that sticks in my mind is a fair bit of the way into the story; the elven theocracy's 'hero' (who is a rapist, murderous, life-force-stealing uber-asshole) gets shot up by the human strike squads, throws a wobbler and basically turns into a localized sun, before being shot (through a mountain, in both senses of the phrase) by what I'm pretty sure was an antimatter cannon. While in-atmosphere. The concussive backblast nearly wrecks the whole city growing up around the crashed ship, and even then it only barely succeeds in killing the guy.

Anyway, if there's anyone who can remember this story, please let me know. Thanks!