Re: How many active authors are currently on Royal Road?

Don't know if you can check the exact number, but I'm pretty sure #35000 just means you are currently ranked as 35000th overall. I'm confident that some works are inactive yet still above you. It's also possible that new stories start at the bottom or the middle or etc... I honestly doubt there are only 35000 novels, but then again what do I know.

Edit : I just realized that it is mostly a specific starting point, what are the odds that your HUD is the 35000th novel total, I stand by the "it's a starting point neither too high nor too low."

Several thousand stories have been deleted, and we've just crossed the 50,000 total stories line recently, so around 35k sounds right for those still present. That includes dropped and hiatus works.

There are currently 2,936 ongoing stories on the site. https://www.royalroad.com/fictions/search?page=147&status=ONGOING give or take a hundred or so stubs that may be ongoing or dropped. 

SJ Wrote: It would help if you told us what an 'active author' meant to you.

There have been about 3k stories updated in the last 30 days.
That's a good question. I guess I mainly wanted to know how many non-hiatus stories there were.

So for all of us with stories below the 3k mark, does that mean that actively updated stories are still below thousands of other stories on hiatus or completed that were just more popular?