Re: Is there an optimal time to post a new chapter?

I've always noticed that there seems to be a lot more traffic starting around 5pm where I'm at (central Texas) so for a Euro I'd say that your best posting times would be be between the hours of 10-14 give or take an hour. I don't know how true this is, but these are the hours people start getting off school and work which tends to be the 'peak' hours for Americas. I've also noticed a smaller second peak around 8-9pm, but for you that's the 2-3 hours so that might be harder for you to post in. 

Keep in mind this is just trends I've noticed for other sites and has absolutely zero hard data backing it, so take with a grain of salt or ten.

Gasmaskbro Wrote: I've always noticed that there seems to be a lot more traffic starting around 5pm where I'm at (central Texas) so for a Euro I'd say that your best posting times would be be between the hours of 10-14 give or take an hour. I don't know how true this is, but these are the hours people start getting off school and work which tends to be the 'peak' hours for Americas. I've also noticed a smaller second peak around 8-9pm, but for you that's the 2-3 hours so that might be harder for you to post in. 

Keep in mind this is just trends I've noticed for other sites and has absolutely zero hard data backing it, so take with a grain of salt or ten.
Wow, that is very useful, thanks a lot!

I'd think you'd want to pay attention to daylight savings and how it affects people for sure (and following with when it gets dark throughout the year). When it gets dark really early, people have less to do outside and tend to hop online when it gets dark, which for me is about 5pm PST. Going off what Gasmaskbro said earlier in the thread, 5 does tend to get more traffic because it's the average time people get off of work and go home for the day, which a lot of the time ends up with spending some free time doing whatever (aka stalking RR stories lmao).