Giving Feedback/Reviews

Hey, everyone!

I love to help authors become better, and that’s what this thread is about! 

I might not review everyone’s fiction, but I’ll try my best. Just make sure to pick out one fiction you want reviewed (if you have several) :) 

I have an interest in reading basically everything except stories where romance plays a major role, or fiction containing aliens/set in space. I might give them a go, but those two I generally stay away from. 

Just a heads up: My reviews will be written based on my honest opinion and will probably contain constructive/sandwiched feedback. I can’t promise a high star rating, even if I tend to be lenient toward some things. 

So, with that said, I have some criteria: 

* Please don’t ask me to review something if you aren’t open to receiving feedback/an honest review
* I’m not a big fan of fan fictions, so I’m more likely to review an original story
* I’m going to stop reading whenever I choose to (it can be 1-2 chapters in, or possibly the latest chapter) so long as I deem that I have enough information to leave a review or where I would stop as ”a normal reader.” If I stop before I feel I can leave a review, I might leave a comment of why instead.
* I’d like to receive review requests for fictions that have 10+ chapters released and/or 10k+ words (or a completed fiction—short or long)

If you’re okay with these criteria, feel free to post your fiction below and I’ll add you to the list!

Reading:
Thick as Thieves

Queue: 
Bioloxys Genesis
Frostbound
Undying Emperor
Descent
The Exile
The Fall
The Last Philosopher
The Lord Protector
The Wind Walker
Is There A Day After Tomorrow
Valkyria Heart
Gnarlroot the Eld

Done:
Humans are Delicious
Guns & Flavour (comments for chapter 1+2 as per request)
The Merchant Prince Rewrite
Deified
The Hidden Seed
Swine and Saber Hunting Company
Guns and Magic
The Apple Grotto Nymph

Re: Giving Feedback/Reviews

Reewuu Wrote: Hey, everyone!

I love to help authors become better, and that’s what this thread is about! 

I might not review everyone’s fiction, but I’ll try my best. Just make sure to pick out one fiction you want reviewed (if you have several) :) 

I have an interest in reading basically everything except stories where romance plays a major role, or fiction containing aliens/spacecraft. I might give them a go, but those two I generally stay away from. 

Just a heads up: My reviews will be written based on my honest opinion and will probably contain constructive/sandwiched feedback. I can’t promise a high star rating, even if I tend to be lenient toward some things. 

So, with that said, I have some criteria: 

* Please don’t ask me to review something if you aren’t open to receiving feedback/an honest review
* I’m not a big fan of fan fictions, so I’m more likely to review an original story
* I’m going to stop reading whenever I choose to (it can be 1-2 chapters in, or possibly the latest chapter) so long as I deem that I have enough information to leave a review or where I would stop as ”a normal reader.” If I stop before I feel I can leave a review, I might leave a comment of why instead.
* I’d like to receive review requests for fictions that have 10+ chapters released and/or 10k+ words

If you’re okay with these criteria, feel free to post your fiction below and I’ll add you to the list!
Thats very kind of you, id love to receive feedback on my work.

Humans are delicious is my much newer story and some feedback would be nice. If that's not your think i have been rewriting my other work.

ArthurScott Wrote: I'm wondering, do you also only leave comments? I've started a new book with one chapter and another scheduled for tonight. (It will amount to 8000ish words.) 

It's here. Not a fan fic, but it's quite short. I'm not really looking for a review (I'd prefer the feedback option) as much as I am a comment of feedback. 

Thanks either way, and welcome to RR if you're new!

Thanks for the welcome! I’ve been reading a lot on the site lately, so I created an account for the sole purpose of giving feedback to what I read. 
Well, since you’re the first one to post, I guess I can make an exception. I usually feel that less than 10-15k isn’t enough to leave an informed opinion about a work, but I’ll comment on the two chapters. I’ll look into them tomorrow! 

Arthur-67 Wrote: Thats very kind of you, id love to receive feedback on my work.

Humans are delicious is my much newer story and some feedback would be nice. If that's not your think i have been rewriting my other work.

Sure, I’ll have a look! I don’t mind darker stories at all, so don’t worry.

The Merchant Prince and Deified added to the list! 

Acusiont; thank you for submitting your story. Since I don’t really read/enjoy stories set in space, I’ll likely pass. I don’t think I could give it a fair rating because of my personal tastes. If you write something else down the line, feel free to write another post and I’ll add it to the list. Best of luck with your writing endeavors! 

Reewuu Wrote: The Merchant Prince and Deified added to the list! 

Acusiont; thank you for submitting your story. Since I don’t really read/enjoy stories set in space, I’ll likely pass. I don’t think I could give it a fair rating because of my personal tastes. If you write something else down the line, feel free to write another post and I’ll add it to the list. Best of luck with your writing endeavors!
Fair enough. I'm sure you'll enjoy the other stories you've received!

I would love feedback and a review. 

My story is a cyberpunk noir. 

In 2090, climate change, war, and a virus called the Retrophage have ravaged humanity. Most children are stillbirthed, and those who manage to survive are born with a host of defects. Only Gen-perfects, children artificially engineered and grown in artificial wombs, are free from the devastating effects of the Retrophage. A technology exclusively controlled by Bioloxys.

Gabriela is a Gen-perfect officer in the security company Taurus. When she learns of the possibility of a ring of implant harvesters, she heads into the lower city with Geraldo, a street-smart officer. Together they uncover an insidious plot that stretches into the highest levels of government, and all clues lead to Bioloxys.

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/48206/bioloxys-genesis

If you're still adding to your list, I'd like to request a look at my story (linked in signature). I've gotten pretty confusing feedback on my opening chapter and I honestly have no idea whether the ending line is enough of a hook to bring people into the second chapter.

It's epic fantasy. I often describe it as Napoleon but with Jojo stands. The first arc is a pretty straightforward revolt into chase sequence and is narrated by the Merlin character to give structure to the fact that MC is a commoner who steals a nobleman's identity.