2k views! 25 followers! Several very lovely comments!

Yup, as mentioned in the title I've gotten 2k views, 25 followers, etc, all in just over a month of uploading Deified to Royal Road. No idea whether that's considered "good" or not for this site but to be honest, I don't really care. When I started writing Deified I would have been happy for my story to have just been read by people I know IRL, and I wasn't even planning to put the story online at the start. Because of this, the fact I've got so many complete strangers reading, enjoying (presumably) and interacting with my work is just incredible to me.

As a bonus, a lot of my audience are decently active in the comments, meaning it hasn't felt like I've been writing into a void and that's pretty cool. As a bonus to that bonus, a lot of the comments have been really good.

So yeah, I'm feeling pretty good. If anyone reading this is one of the people who's read, or otherwise interacted with my stuff, then thank you so much. Its really made my month (and 3 days).

Re: 2k views! 25 followers! Several very lovely comments!

Congratulations. 

I've experienced a similar situation when I decided to start releasing my story. I tried to get my friends to take a look and provide some feedback, not one of them did. It's nice to get people actually checking out your work, the fact people are even willing to follow the story I've written blows my mind. 

Good luck yours, I hope it continues to do well for you. 

ThisIsJase Wrote: Congratulations. 

I've experienced a similar situation when I decided to start releasing my story. I tried to get my friends to take a look and provide some feedback, not one of them did. It's nice to get people actually checking out your work, the fact people are even willing to follow the story I've written blows my mind. 

Good luck yours, I hope it continues to do well for you.
Oof to the fact your friends didn't take a look at your story but good to hear people here on Royal Road are checking it out and following it.

Thank you, and good luck with your story too!

MRMerrigan Wrote: That's actually amazing progress and you're doing better than most people on here. And Royal Road is great for getting feedback on your novel. There's a really passionate community which will help you to improve your writing.

Good luck going forward.

It is? Oh, that does put a smile on my face. Also, yeah, from what I've seen so far, the community here really is great, that's definitely been one of the major upsides to starting to use this site.

Thank you, and good luck to you too!