Mostly playing but I do DM.
My issue is I might be communication heavy? I like to explore concepts, "what if a city was tailored to you, but you still wanted to leave?"
A question like that means, I'd need players, they would need characters then they would need to wait for me to make the game...
I translate japanese things into english things. Sometimes for my japanese friends, I will translate things from english into japanese for them.
I go to heavy metal concerts
I go camping, hiking, and fishing
I climb "fourteeners"
I listen to Pink Floyd REALLY FUCKIN' LOUD
I've made wine before, but I wouldn't consider it a "hobby" since I've only done it the once.
Oh, and I've been playing and GM'ing/ DM'ing since the early 1990's.
Thanks for coming to my TED Talk.
- Manga/Anime (thought about doing manga translations but that's more work than I can take and I prefer Sirius which gets enough translators)
- Making games (my passion really)
- Playing music. Was a metal performer back in the day.
- Reverse engineering games and their engines
Manga/Anime - caught up with SPY x FAMILY, Kaguya-sama, Shadows House, etc. Recently finished takt. op: destiny, bingeing 86 season 2...
Drawing - mostly oc stuff, but not very good at it yet.
Sports - basketball and volleyball being my favorites (my jump height is decent), but I really enjoy watching football/soccer (man utd fan)
Composing music - still in progress of my first actual composition
Wasting time on Discord
Reading random history-related Wikipedia articles
- art (digitally making it)
- music (digitally making it)
- reading hundreds of years old books about the occult
- Whatever random topic I suddenly gain an interest in and go 300 youtube videos deep in
- Does poetry count as different enough to writing stories?
And not being interesting in the slightest despite all those interests.
-Listening to music, metal, electronic, and hip-hop mostly. Been on stoner/doom stuff pretty hard lately.
-Weightlifting. It's fun!
-Shooting. Mostly just putting holes in paper, and sometimes shooting trap with some friends. Haven't been going to the range as much lately with current USA ammo prices, though.
-Mountain biking. I just got an electric-assist mountain bike and now I can ride 3x as much in the same amount of time and without being clapped to hell when I get to the top of the hill, totally worth it.
-Motorcycling, when it's warm out. Unfortunately the Hayabusa has long since flown south (aka into the garage) for the winter.
-Being unbearably hyped for Elden Ring to come out.
Turiya Wrote: Warhammer 40KFor the glory of the Imperium!
Nestor1079 Wrote:Imagine worshipping a corpse on a golden toiletTuriya Wrote: Warhammer 40KFor the glory of the Imperium!
(Just kidding, in all seriousness I am a bit of a Chaos simp but it's very cool so see other people on here into 40K)
nerdy_asian27 Wrote: Here are some of mine:
- Playing the guitar (Been at it for 6 years now)
- Weightlifting (Need them gainz!)
- Watching shows/movies
Feel free to share some of yours :)
- Reading (Kind of why I got into writing)
Ayyy, weight lifting gang.
I would say reading, but I don't have too much time for that these days (writing and reading my own stuff takes up most of my hours already). Comics/Manga stuff of course.
Others would be playing TCGs with my bro. Magic the gathering, and Flesh & Blood.
Gatcha games, my profile pic is Suzuran from Arknights
Then there's messing around with my linux laptop.
Can't get into television/movie stuff these days, anime used to held my interests, but its getting more predictable in their plot (imo), so...there's that.
Turiya Wrote: Just kidding, in all seriousness I am a bit of a Chaos simp but it's very cool so see other people on here into 40KI have a handful of Grey Knights on my desk to protect it from the daemons of Chaos.
- Exercise! I need that cardio ngl
- Video games, movies, tv shows, anime etc. It really helps boost my creativity.
- Freediving. Calms your soul. Not being able to do this right now is making me miserable as hell.
- Coaching, I like teaching kids how to swim and stuff. It's tough, yet rewarding.
- Reading manga, other web novels, & books
- Watching anime
- Playing cute video games - I'd like to stream on Twitch more but I will see
- Cosplay - I haven't gone to events for over a year but soon, I will be able to...spend more on my expensive hobby lol
- Digital art - I've been sketching here and there digitally for about a year; not great at it but I've been doing okay in progress
Music. I'm in a band. I also built the soundtrack for the movie.
Martial Arts. I teach Mondays and Thursdays.
Magic the Gathering. Cause I'm a nerd.
And the rest of my time is spent hanging out with my wife, who does all these things but slightly better.
Destiny 2 - yes I consider this a hobby all on its own. It's a problem and an addiction I've had since I was twelve(I'm 18 as of now for context). Possibly the most unhealthy of obsession in my life because of the sheer amount of time I can dump into the game without getting bored.
Writing - Something I will share eventually, though when is still up in the air.
Cooking - I'm horrid at it but it's a life skill that I find enjoyable.
Gaming - I play pretty much everything. Shooters, RPG, card games, sims, rts, etc. I have a lot of free time, it's a problem.
Researching - This is perhaps more obscure but I enjoy researching topics that spark my interest, whether they be history, politics, etc. Generally when I'm required to do it for a certain thing I hate it, but researching for fun is well... fun for me.
Reading - hmmm... this seems out of character for an RR user.
Warhammer - Blood for the blood god, skulls for the skull throne. Papa Nurgle is a close second.
D&D - I'm a Dm, a forever one, so who would've guessed I like stories and telling them.
Gym - push big weight make my brain go yay.
Boxing - hit big heavy bag make my brain go whoo.
is there anything else? nope don't think so. That's pretty much my life now.