Re: I did a thing I thought I couldn’t do

MRMerrigan Wrote:
KittraMcBriar Wrote: And started writing a litRPG

Numbers are not my strong point, but the idea came to me and I loved it too much not to write it. So far, no one’s told me I’m absolutely terrible at it, so that’s nice
That's great. I just started writing one, too. I'll definitely check yours out when I have a chance. 

And I'm terrible with numbers as well. But through the power of excel and copious notes I'm managing so far. Haha

Thanks! I’ll be checking yours out too :)  the whole concept of dungeon cores as characters fascinates me but I have yet to read a story featuring one.

That begs the question.

Is it better to keep your stat sheets in text and get the word count?

Or is it better to make them Graphic, with all the weird posting issues, visibility issues, and pretty pictures that it implies?

Oh, and awesome joining the litrpg crew. Ramen noodles are on the left, full-body latex suits on the right, and there's an amazing collection of Batman media in the rear if you need to relax with your peeps.

Brian Wrote: That begs the question.

Or is it better to make them Graphic, with all the weird posting issues, visibility issues, and pretty pictures that it implies?

Oh, and awesome joining the litrpg crew. Ramen noodles are on the left, full-body latex suits on the right, and there's an amazing collection of Batman media in the rear if you need to relax with your peeps.
I find it easiest to just keep the tables on the draft and copy paste updated version or modified, words inside the tables work towards the word count anyway.  Besides if I can use or make few changes for it to work I will always go down with the path of least resistance and still look decent.
Idk how other authors solve this issue but personally I have 2 for tables and 1 for text draft that has timeline progression with updates.
If you have tips on how to make tables work for both mobile and desktop, lmk since mine suck and became deformed :(

Not sure if this helps but oh well I tried  DrakanSweat

Brian Wrote: That begs the question.

I do have a more deliberately visual LitRPG I’m working on in which all the stats are represented as graphics of the UI art each individual character sees when inside their mech suits, but for this one I’m just going for bold text and keeping it simple. When I see tables I just immediately think “boring office work” and this is my happy fun-time project