First Chapters and Limitations

There's a book that I've recently started writing that I've decided not to publish at the moment. I did this because the first book I wrote on RR was started spontaneous and I felt that because I wrote those first few chapters without much depth, I ended up limiting how well the book can do in later chapters (I'll do a rewrite of it later in case you were wondering, I haven't just given up on it). 
So now that I've moved on to another book for now, I decided to hold off on publishing the first few chapters that I've written so I can attempt to get the best possible version of my book. I don't want to impose unnecessary limits on this one like my last book.
So my questions are:
1. Do any of you guys do this too?
2. When do you decide that you've done enough and you should start publishing?

Re: First Chapters and Limitations

I decided to do the opposite and started releasing my first ‘no-roadmap’ fiction on RR, publishing a chapter whenever I feel like writing.

As far as limitations are concerned I don’t feel like this type of writing and publishing is any more limitating than working on something without publishing it or without being ’spontaneous’, altough that may be because I’m still just at the starting line.

As for adressing the second point, usually after an arc has ended and has been fully edited.

I have no patience. I write chapters and yeet them out immediately. It takes great self control to limit my schedule in order to maintain a patreon backlog, as I love the rapid interactiveness.

If it's not a serious project for patreon, then it gets random updates whenever I finish a chapter. I'm also not afraid to retcon if necessary, and some of my chapters have undergone multiple shifts from their original versions. It's all a work in progress, and I love being able to share it with the world as I go along.
PeoReading

Amine Wrote: There's a book that I've recently started writing that I've decided not to publish at the moment. I did this because the first book I wrote on RR was started spontaneous and I felt that because I wrote those first few chapters without much depth, I ended up limiting how well the book can do in later chapters (I'll do a rewrite of it later in case you were wondering, I haven't just given up on it). 
So now that I've moved on to another book for now, I decided to hold off on publishing the first few chapters that I've written so I can attempt to get the best possible version of my book. I don't want to impose unnecessary limits on this one like my last book.
So my questions are:
1. Do any of you guys do this too?
2. When do you decide that you've done enough and you should start publishing?
I don't usually post anything until I have at least 20 chapters written. This is for two reasons. I can see if the story is fleshing out properly and I can have a backlog for my patreon supporters.