The good news is, I didn't die. But did the book die?

Or, how does one reengage with their followers and continue to build their following after an extended hiatus?

Unfortunately, Strange Aeons went into hiatus for several months due to numerous health and work issues. While I've finally published a new chapter after all this time, the book has naturally lost a handful of followers and the engagement has been utterly nonexistent. Does anyone have any advice regarding how to build back better?

Re: The good news is, I didn't die. But did the book die?

I'm glad to hear you made it through and returned to your writing! 

Although I've never experienced this personally, I would imagine that it would be kind of like advertising fresh again. Just being generally active and promoting your fiction, and people who see you again might be like 'Oh hey they're back!'. You should also get some new support as well that way. It might even be a bit easier to get new support rather than with a fresh work, since it is now shown that you do come back, and have a number of chapters under your belt already. 

Best of luck, and welcome back! :) 

Post regularly. That's really all there is to it, as far as I can tell.

I started posting to a story, I'd paused to move to a different book, when volumes came out. I saw an immediate dip in followers, but then as I continued posting the number rose back up to and above its former high. So it's certainly not unrecoverable from. Just keep going steady and you'll rebuild follows and audience trust over time. 

Anthony Wrote: Hubby told me that I don't owe anyone an explanation or anything, but I mean... damn.

I have a couple of stories in my old account that I dropped like 5 years ago because of plenty of real-life problems. I just did poof out though, no message whatever. I know webnovel authors just randomly disappear normally, but, like you, I also feel terrible and ashamed about it. Someday, I hope I'll have enough courage to go back to those stories.

Anyway, to your question, like others said just continue. OR you can actually do a rewrite.