The Great Tea Thread

Ah, the thread was locked.

I am partial to Japanese-style green teas, lighter black teas (such as darjeelings), and mainland Chinese oolongs (which tend lighter than Taiwanese oolongs).  Occasionally, I will also go for a black tea blend like English or Irish Breakfast or Earl Grey; Harney & Sons has a lovely blend called Eight at the Fort.  

Re: The Great Tea Thread

I've tried all different kinds of tea, but none really appealed to me, all were too bitter regardless off how short the brewing time was.

Then one day I just let some plain green tea leaves steep in cold water in the refrigerator for a day or two and got a nice end product. Just needed a bit lemon juice and it was perfect.

Pretty simple to prepare too, although you have to make it a few days in advance.

Edit: Other teas work as well, but the end products all taste roughly the same. Only thing that adds anything different is mint.

parkertallan Wrote: Quite fond of Earl Grey. The flavor just says tea to me. And I'm not copying Jean Luc Picard. He doesn't drink the stuff until the 25th century so I drank it first.

Have you ever had the chance to try Earl Grey with double bergamot in it? It’s an absolute dream! And it’s not overly citrus to me either it just adds a little more… Earl Greyness to it (words fail me XD)

parkertallan Wrote: Quite fond of Earl Grey. The flavor just says tea to me. And I'm not copying Jean Luc Picard. He doesn't drink the stuff until the 25th century so I drank it first.
Captain Picard had a few very iconic tea mugs.  They were actually commercial products that you could buy.  I bought one for my mother a couple years ago, one of the nice glass ones you can see through. 

Licorice makes delicious tea, though it unfortunately raises blood pressure.  Tetley decaf green tea is my favorite green tea because it's so mild and honey-like.  I don't currently have a favorite black tea, though I almost always take it with lemon.  Bergamot, jasmine, and cardamom are all excellent additions to tea.  Mint and chamomile are lovely tisanes but also relax the stomach muscles which in some cases is good but if you are laying down can cause acid reflux.

AdmiralStarNight Wrote: parkertallan Wrote:
Quite fond of Earl Grey. The flavor just says tea to me. And I'm not copying Jean Luc Picard. He doesn't drink the stuff until the 25th century so I drank it first.

Have you ever had the chance to try Earl Grey with double bergamot in it? It’s an absolute dream! And it’s not overly citrus to me either it just adds a little more… Earl Greyness to it (words fail me XD)

Actually I never have, but I think I'll have to try it.

I am more of a chai person. I love spicy and warm flavored teas. Greens tea and all its cousin are delightful too. However, a wonderful rooibos chai with turmeric makes me so happy. I also like things like hibiscus and fruity teas. I don't care for Earl Gray that much. Depends on the brand if I like it or not.