I think I lost my mind but still...no regrets

I posted all of my backlog, 7 chapters in one go. People think it’s crazy and insane, I think so too. But I wanted people to read my story. I wanted feedback. I wanted to get better at writing. My story is complex, confusing, unpolished and a mess like me. I don’t exactly know where it’s going and how to write better. Posting all of my backlog would translate to much lesser time on the “Latest Updates”. But I didn’t care. You can call me rash, mad even. But I found it ironic if my story I wrote to bring people together brought them further away instead. Just like my story, I don’t really know where this is going. Or what I’m trying to say. But I just wanted someone to hear me out. A place where I can rant. Sorry for this nonsense, I just feel like I need someone. A reader who would explore with me the workings of my story. But I get that everyone has their own story they want to work on. I don’t know where this is going again. So I’ll just end it here. Go on to your next post, nothing much to see here. Just another writer facing another distress in another world.

Re: I think I lost my mind but still...no regrets

Dubs Wrote: The only madness I see here is only having 7 chapters of backlog. 

Continues to write over 100 chapters ahead*
*cries in 0 backlog*

But in seriousness. When I started I only had like 4 chapters ahead which was gone by the first week, but I similarly to OP couldn't wait any longer to get it out. It's a great learning experience though, and it means what you publish is always fresh in your mind, which is nice. 

Ariadne_Yarn Wrote: But I wanted people to read my story. I wanted feedback. I wanted to get better at writing. My story is complex, confusing, unpolished and a mess like me. I don’t exactly know where it’s going and how to write better.

The important thing here is to learn! There's nothing wrong with putting work out for feedback and progress, as long as its the best you could do with the tools you had. As you go, I'm sure you'll gain readers who find your work really fun and interesting and will engage with you. It's a long game, and you have to have patience. But keep writing to improve and the readers will come!

If you're looking for feedback, get some review swaps going, which I think you've already done if I remember correctly. So you're on the right track there. And there are plenty of resources online for how to write better if that's something you're looking to improve on. I recommend youtube for technique advice, as well as the writing forums here. There's some great threads about how to do just about anything in writing, and if you still aren't sure how to approach something you can just ask! Hell, even a google search. There are so many blogs that have written extensively about how to polish and edit, how to write fight scenes, romance, basically anything you want to write, someone has shown how it can be done and done better. 

So don't worry. Keep writing and reflecting and writing better next chapter. By the time your story is finished, I'm sure you'll be heads above where you started, have more readers than you expected, and will know what you need to do next. Happy writing!