I thought that [write] was for writing and publishing, apparantly it's the forums, which sub forum should I p (...)

So I've wanted to post one of my side projects on RR for a while now but didn't really know which one, decided to go with one that I had recently written the first chapter for.

Apparently though whomever decided to review it thought that it belonged on the forums. So my question to you all is, which sub forum should I publish my chapters under, probably general, you know to get as much traction as possible, right ?

If my sarcasm isn't coming across then that's okay, my book for anyone who was curious was going to be about me writing a writer's blog and his personal disposition. Very meta, probably didn't come across that way, maybe I should add some text in big bold letters explaining that so people don't have to think too much about what's going on.

Re: I thought that [write] was for writing and publishing, apparantly it's the forums, which sub forum should (...)

Writing tips and discussion, probably...

As someone whose least popular story is meta based, I can understand the frustration. But you'll always get detractors and critics no matter what you write. Don't let them dictate your life, or you'll be miserable. Do your thing, stick to it. The people who appreciate it will be glad to find it.

Re: I thought that [write] was for writing and publishing, apparantly it's the forums, which sub forum should (...)

Asviloka Wrote: Writing tips and discussion, probably...

As someone whose least popular story is meta based, I can understand the frustration. But you'll always get detractors and critics no matter what you write. Don't let them dictate your life, or you'll be miserable. Do your thing, stick to it. The people who appreciate it will be glad to find it.

Were you also barred from being allowed to publish it ?

That's honestly my biggest gripe.

From time to time I consider asking for a "writer's blog" section because I often like talking about the processes that I go through, little bits and pieces of stuff that I consider while I'm writing, things I research, parts I'm struggling with, shit that I want to rant about, etc cetera. Stuff that's too wordy (or just has no place in authors notes in the chapters).

Aster Wrote:
Paradoxcloud Wrote: barred from being allowed to publish
Have you opened a support ticket to explain? The mods should be willing to reconsider if you let them know the story's purpose and nature.
Hadn’t thought of it seeing as there was no way to respond to the rejection in any way. I’ll upon one later, thanks for the idea.

Nestor1079 Wrote: From time to time I consider asking for a "writer's blog" section because I often like talking about the processes that I go through, little bits and pieces of stuff that I consider while I'm writing, things I research, parts I'm struggling with, shit that I want to rant about, etc cetera. Stuff that's too wordy (or just has no place in authors notes in the chapters).

The idea wasn’t really to make a blog blog, the setting was just like that. I do get the sentiment though.

FGC_Checkmate Wrote: Add "Writing Progression LitRPG/Blog Cultivator" to the title and toss in a stat box and you should be clear to go.

If the ticket doesn’t work out I’ll do something similiar, I’ll also add in big red bold letters that it is in fact a book both in the synopsis and right at the start so they can’t miss it.  Drakanflip

Paradoxcloud Wrote:
FGC_Checkmate Wrote: Add "Writing Progression LitRPG/Blog Cultivator" to the title and toss in a stat box and you should be clear to go.

If the ticket doesn’t work out I’ll do something similiar, I’ll also add in big red bold letters that it is in fact a book both in the synopsis and right at the start so they can’t miss it.  Drakanflip
If my previous message doesn't explain it, be very very clear about it. You will find yourself in worse situations otherwise.

Verlin Wrote: Just do it like mine

I'm a brick! But why am I a Humanoid? [A Non-Level LitRPG with a Humanoid MC full of Magic, Drama and Comedic Undertone]

Just keep it within 120 characters. That's the limit.

Regards,
A Victim of the title is misleading trauma

Thanks for the help, but my problem seems to have been resolved through a support ticket. 

Nice title though DrakanMelt

Paradoxcloud Wrote:
Verlin Wrote: Just do it like mine

I'm a brick! But why am I a Humanoid? [A Non-Level LitRPG with a Humanoid MC full of Magic, Drama and Comedic Undertone]

Just keep it within 120 characters. That's the limit.

Regards,
A Victim of the title is misleading trauma

Thanks for the help, but my problem seems to have been resolved through a support ticket. 

Nice title though DrakanMelt
Thank You!!!

Happy to be of help~!!!

Nestor1079 Wrote: From time to time I consider asking for a "writer's blog" section because I often like talking about the processes that I go through, little bits and pieces of stuff that I consider while I'm writing, things I research, parts I'm struggling with, shit that I want to rant about, etc cetera. Stuff that's too wordy (or just has no place in authors notes in the chapters).

This has been discussed a few times, but I think that it wouldn't see enough use to justify the work it would take to implement it.

kanadaj Wrote:

This has been discussed a few times, but I think that it wouldn't see enough use to justify the work it would take to implement it.
Perhaps an explicit “Writer’s Blog” subforum?  Seconds to create.  A few volunteer hours a week to moderate.  Seems like an easy win

kanadaj Wrote:

what about a sub forum where users get one thread
they could post more personal happenings there instead
like a blog channel, where they can post whatever there
a place where authors could spam stuff and nobody would care?

that might be a lot of work to mod of course, it's true
but it might pull more readers into the forum too
if each blog thread had a daily limit on posts and stuff
maybe that would keep the pace reasonable enough?

peoconfused