WHICH BOOK WOULD YOUR CHILDREN PREFER?

Which Book would your children prefer? (Children's fiction poll)
https%3A%2F%2Fforums.tapas.io%2Fimages%2Femoji%2Femo...ok.png%3Fv%3D3️ Books and Comics
Link to the survey: https://forms.gle/PEBPgUm8Y7w8aqD3A

Hello Everybody, I'm a new young author and I'm looking to write a children's fiction book as a side project to my main project.
I'd like your feedback on those books idea before I'm writing the book. I'm very excited about those three ideas and would like to know the one which would be the most successful on the market before writing it.

That's why I'm asking for your opinion, TO WRITE A STORY THAT WOULD BE LOVED BY ALL CHILDREN.
This is a rough sketch of ideas, I won't start outlining the story before having your feedback.

Moles are brave too
A young arbolarbre kid (8 years old Jonas) must stop with his friend, Moley the golden mole, a evil merchant from ruining the spirit of the festival of the Newborn tree, trying to turn this festival into a money making business.

(8-12 years old)

Genre: Fantasy, Action and adventure, Children Fiction
Papa, I’m a pirate now

Johnny the Kid, is tasked by his father, a well-known pirate of the Caribbean to hide his treasure far away from everyone. But he’ll have to face sea monsters and other bad guys (pirates) that are seeking his father’s treasure. He’ll meet friends along the way of his journey to prove to his father that he has what it takes to be a pirate (8-18 years old)
Genre: Action and Aventure, Contemporary, Pirates, romance, Children Fiction

The Lupin Kid
Gérald Lupin is the great-great-grand son of Arsène Lupin, the Gentleman Thief and seeks to follow his footsteeps as a gentleman thief, much to his parents dismay, that wants him to have a regular student job. However, everything will change when he receives a letter from le Musée du louvre of Paris saying that one of their painting has been stolen and that the thief would only give it back to the Museum if he meets the great grand-son of Arsène Lupin, at 8430 rue de l’Abbé-Migne. But who is this man? And what does he want from the Lupin Kid?
Genre: Children’s fiction, mystery and detectives, contemporary, slice of life

Here is the link of the survey: https://forms.gle/PEBPgUm8Y7w8aqD3A 

Re: WHICH BOOK WOULD YOUR CHILDREN PREFER?

Fair play for wanting to give this a go, but there's a lot to think about when you do.

I think if you're going to write a children's story then you would be best placed targeting a specific age group. Your ideas aimed at 8-18 is too broad I feel. 
And I know it's fair to say that adults will still read books for children, but if your target audience is children, then keep it to an 8-12 age range (OR SMALLER*). If you target 8-18 year olds, that's 10 years which is developmentally a big gap. You have to be writing it in a way for 8 year olds to get something from it and then at the same time, 18 year olds have to be getting something from it too. 

*Children's books also tend to be aimed at much smaller/specific age ranges, because you also have to be thinking about how reading abilities can differ so much from actual ages. For example, you will find books grouped for children between 5-7, 7-9, 9-11, 11-13 etc. 
You might get 7 year olds who read like 9 year olds and 9 year olds who have a reading level of a 7 year old, but they still have to be interested in the subject matter appropriate to them. 

I'd also read a lot of what children are reading. I'm in the UK and know for a fact David Walliams, Greg James, David Baddiel, Ben Miller are big at the moment (I wish I knew more current female authors at the moment in the UK but I don't I'm afraid), but a quick search on Amazon "children's books 7-9 or 9-11 or whatever" will give you an idea of what they're reading, and how they're written in a way that they can enjoy independently or being read to them at bed time.

Good luck! 

Re: WHICH BOOK WOULD YOUR CHILDREN PREFER?

Seconding EnhancedBeing's thoughts on making sure that the reading age is less broad.

You need to ensure that you're not just catering to the children that are reading, but also to the adults who are buying or recommending these books (for younger audiences). I wouldn't even consider pointing out a book for my 8-year-old if the recommended age range is 8-18 because it doesn't give me any indication of what reading age it's aimed at. Parents will have a rough idea at what level their kids are able to understand texts and it makes a massive impact on what is appropriate. If you have a child that isn't gifted at reading, you may as well throw your cash down the drain if the book is full of 'difficult' words that will instantly deter them from continuing beyond the first page. Sentence structure also varies greatly between 8-18 with shorter, snappier sentences being preferred for a younger audience.