Welp, Val Bit The Bullet

Not actually, don’t wanna imagine what that is like. 🤨

Anyway, had a good long reflection. What I realize, is that, part of my reluctance in grouping together my fiction, is because I am getting old. Originally, you’d separate it more for professionalism sake. Which, I will be honest with ya. I personally hate doing this, keeping everything together, but it is the sensible thing to do. It might look messy, but this is something I have to get over myself. On another note, I may have underestimated the volume thing. While the character limit gets under my skin a lot, I found a way to compensate. So, with that being stated. I deleted my second book, made new posts on my first alerting my base. As a result, I have begun posting my second book in my first.

Since all of my works are related to my main series, I decided I will just keep making splits, and give each their section. You have no idea how difficult this was for me to do. Though, I have to realize, I gotta get with the times. Huh…this must be what it is like to have a midlife crisis. 😐

Curious question, since one of my works is a GameLit. Should I tag the book as GameLit, and leave an author note on the first part alerting others specifically where it is? Or should I just exclude the tag, and put an alert where that specific story begins?

Re: Welp, Val Bit The Bullet

Edge Wrote: Not actually, don’t wanna imagine what that is like. 🤨

Anyway, had a good long reflection. What I realize, is that, part of my reluctance in grouping together my fiction, is because I am getting old. Originally, you’d separate it more for professionalism sake. Which, I will be honest with ya. I personally hate doing this, keeping everything together, but it is the sensible thing to do. It might look messy, but this is something I have to get over myself. On another note, I may have underestimated the volume thing. While the character limit gets under my skin a lot, I found a way to compensate. So, with that being stated. I deleted my second book, made new posts on my first alerting my base. As a result, I have begun posting my second book in my first.

Since all of my works are related to my main series, I decided I will just keep making splits, and give each their section. You have no idea how difficult this was for me to do. Though, I have to realize, I gotta get with the times. Huh…this must be what it is like to have a midlife crisis. 😐

Curious question, since one of my works is a GameLit. Should I tag the book as GameLit, and leave an author note on the first part alerting others specifically where it is? Or should I just exclude the tag, and put an alert where that specific story begins?
The first part. Gamelit will get you viewssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

Edge Wrote:
Verlin Wrote: The first part. Gamelit will get you viewssssssssssssssssssssssssss.
Lol

I am certain it will, though that is just one book. Even though it is an extension of my main works, I am worried it would be deceptive. Heaven knows there are peeps that don’t even read warnings, then blow a fuse because they did not read…😐
Yes, the trick is to RED BOLD the words, draws plenty of attention. Or just say- Gamelit book is XXX. LOL works for me at least till now.

Verlin Wrote: Yes, the trick is to RED BOLD the words, draws plenty of attention. Or just say- Gamelit book is XXX. LOL works for me at least till now.
Ya know, this is a good idea. I am not concerned about my base in itself, I have concluded they are masochists. It is newcomers that are unfamiliar, and doesn’t know I write pretty much everything. I will do this, bold the text red, and give instructions on where to read it. Though, I will hold off for now. Probably add it into the mix, when I suspect a slowdown to come.

Edge Wrote:
Verlin Wrote: Yes, the trick is to RED BOLD the words, draws plenty of attention. Or just say- Gamelit book is XXX. LOL works for me at least till now.
Ya know, this is a good idea. I am not concerned about my base in itself, I have concluded they are masochists. It is newcomers that are unfamiliar, and doesn’t know I write pretty much everything. I will do this, bold the text red, and give instructions on where to read it. Though, I will hold off for now. Probably add it into the mix, when I suspect a slowdown to come.
Everyone is in a slowdown now with Writathon churning out chappies at a really fast pace. Did you know Ancient Core posted 729 pages for Writathon?

1moreindakitchen Wrote: I'd put it in the description that genres might change by volume. 
You might as well add some kind of foreword at the start of each volume.
Like: THIS IS NO GAMELIT YET - but keep on reading and you will be rewarded at Volume 23. Very Happy
This is also a good idea, though, peeps might skip the summary. I believe I will do both, put it in the description of the summary. Then put it in the first part of the book as an additional layer of warning. To be honest though, there will be quite a bit of volumes. I am planning to rewrite all of the stories I have done, tons of content to come. 

Verlin Wrote: Everyone is in a slowdown now with Writathon churning out chappies at a really fast pace. Did you know Ancient Core posted 729 pages for Writathon?
Wow…😐

Ya know, this length is suspicious as it is. I would place my bet on this being started before the writhaton, and picking up from there. That is almost 350k words, and in a short timeframe as well. You’d have to be writing 24/27, at an absurd pace to be at this point now. Trust me, I know absurd pace, don’t have the time to do that much anymore. Life is busy, nonetheless, that amount is very impressive.

Edge Wrote:
Verlin Wrote: Everyone is in a slowdown now with Writathon churning out chappies at a really fast pace. Did you know Ancient Core posted 729 pages for Writathon?
Wow…😐

Ya know, this length is suspicious as it is. I would place my bet on this being started before the writhaton, and picking up from there. That is almost 350k words, and in a short timeframe as well. You’d have to be writing 24/27, at an absurd pace to be at this point now. Trust me, I know absurd pace, don’t have the time to do that much anymore. Life is busy, nonetheless, that amount is very impressive.
Yep, Buller did kinda admit to it. But I can say that I've personally seen him write 15K a day (he writes 1K in 20min) so he could write more. Plus he's gonna be writing another 100K by end of Writathon to make it 300K. So kinda in the spirit.

Verlin Wrote:
Edge Wrote:
Wow…😐

Yep, Buller did kinda admit to it. But I can say that I've personally seen him write 15K a day (he writes 1K in 20min) so he could write more. Plus he's written over 100K this month. So kinda in the spirit.

Edge Wrote:
Verlin Wrote: Yep, Buller did kinda admit to it. But I can say that I've personally seen him write 15K a day (he writes 1K in 20min) so he could write more. Plus he's gonna be writing another 100K by end of Writathon to make it 300K. So kinda in the spirit.
Welp, I guess so long as it balances out, then there is no issue really.
And apparently he also gave the real count to Wing. Guess he's an honest duck.