Re: I’m getting good feedback but my rating is low

You've got extra large gaps between paragraphs, occasionally neglect punctuation, and the writing is a bit stilted. You also switched from third to first person after one chapter without going back and adjusting the first chapter to be first, meaning you'll have people who like first turned away by chapter 1 and people who prefer third turned away by chapter 2. You also seem to have put the author's note in the chapter body instead of in the author's note field. The stat sheets are inconsistent and don't match each other, sometimes present and sometimes plain text, and different colors each time.
(At least as far as I looked, through chapter 2.)

Taken together, I can see why people might be inclined to give it an 'a little above average but nothing amazing' rating of 3. Fortunately, the fact that so many people are responding positively means that if you can correct the minor drawbacks you could have a solid story on your hands. 

Aster Wrote: You've got extra large gaps between paragraphs, occasionally neglect punctuation, and the writing is a bit stilted. You also switched from third to first person after one chapter without going back and adjusting the first chapter to be first, meaning you'll have people who like first turned away by chapter 1 and people who prefer third turned away by chapter 2. You also seem to have put the author's note in the chapter body instead of in the author's note field. The stat sheets are inconsistent and don't match each other, sometimes present and sometimes plain text, and different colors each time.
(At least as far as I looked, through chapter 2.)

Taken together, I can see why people might be inclined to give it an 'a little above average but nothing amazing' rating of 3. Fortunately, the fact that so many people are responding positively means that if you can correct the minor drawbacks you could have a solid story on your hands.

I was new to the whole litrpg thing since I had never written anything even remotely similar, I fixed the spaces and such in later chapters so that shouldn't be much of an issue. The thing is I plan on doing a rewrite at around chapter 50 to remove all of these problems, I'm freehanding a chapter everyday with 0 editing so I just want to see if people are interested in the flow and the plot.

WriterOfVelaris Wrote: I was new to the whole litrpg thing since I had never written anything even remotely similar, I fixed the spaces and such in later chapters so that shouldn't be much of an issue. The thing is I plan on doing a rewrite at around chapter 50 to remove all of these problems, I'm freehanding a chapter everyday with 0 editing so I just want to see if people are interested in the flow and the plot.
The problem with this is that some people won't go past the first couple of chapters if there are glaring mistakes. Like that, you might still not get enough input on flow and plot since not enough people would be reading further into the story. Quality is usually more appreciated than quantity and by choosing to ignore/delay much-needed corrections you are driving away potential readers who might otherwise enjoy the premise of your story. 

Ariana Wrote: The problem with this is that some people won't go past the first couple of chapters if there are glaring mistakes. Like that, you might still not get enough input on flow and plot since not enough people would be reading further into the story. Quality is usually more appreciated than quantity and by choosing to ignore/delay much-needed corrections you are driving away potential readers who might otherwise enjoy the premise of your story.

Seconding this. If people's first impression of your story isn't favorable they're not going to continue reading. The tone you set in the first few chapters with their structure is going to be what readers expect to see for the rest of the story. 

Better to take a few days now to edit and improve your beginning chapters than wait and suffer more bad ratings until you reach a point where it'll be too hard to balance them out with better ones. 

WriterOfVelaris Wrote: I fixed the spaces and such in later chapters so that shouldn't be much of an issue.
If I read a story with problems on chapter 1, it doesn't matter what it'll be like by chapter 50, there's a more than even chance I won't get that far. (For instance, Azarinth Healer, I've heard it's great, but I can't get past the mediocrity of the early chapters... so I haven't read chapter 400 and probably never will.) If you're wondering why you're getting 3* ratings, it's probably because people are reading the early chapters and rating based on that. Up to you whether that's enough of an issue for you to take the time to correct it, but assuming you want to do better I suggest you at least fix the formatting.

People start at the beginning. Everyone who reads your story starts at the beginning. Your first chapter is the most important of anything to do right.
Mystique Wrote: If people's first impression of your story isn't favorable they're not going to continue reading. The tone you set in the first few chapters with their structure is going to be what readers expect to see for the rest of the story.

Better to take a few days now to edit and improve your beginning chapters than wait and suffer more bad ratings until you reach a point where it'll be too hard to balance them out with better ones.
Agreed. 100%
Ariana Wrote: By choosing to ignore/delay much-needed corrections you are driving away potential readers who might otherwise enjoy the premise of your story.
Also this.

Quote:However, the past ratings I’ve got have all been 3 stars and one 5 star without a full on review though I have only gotten 3 ratings . Should I be worried my story’s going to tank or just ignore it?
Fifty-fifty. Don't lose sleep over it, but if the mistakes/suggestions are fixable, they're worth fixing. A full rewrite probably isn't needed, but many readers will be turned away by "obvious" mistakes, or at least their perception of your story's quality will tank a bit. 

Early rating are kinda important, more important than later ones, so if you get a high rating now, a bigger number of people will be willing to give your story a shot! :) 

But having a rating below 4 is nothing out of the ordinary, it's still within "normal" levels, so don't worry to much over it! It would definitely be beneficial if it were higher, of course.  DrakanMelt