Re: Emotions

Happy and hyped, and a little melancholy. I've come home after a nice workday of screaming at people about their spines and I thrive off the sound of their screams. Melancholy because tomorrow is the last day I'll work there this year. 

I was somewhat unguarded because I am in my living space alone (a rare occurrence of late - everyone else is out participating in civic activities for the weekend) when I heard the cat make noises of ungraceful falling, including knocking things to the floor, etc.  I went to check to see if he was okay (he was fine) but he had knocked a lightbulb onto the floor, which I promptly stepped on.  It made a crisp ‘pop’ sound.  

Now I only saw the broken remains of the lightbulb, but for the life of me I can’t visualize where it is supposed to go.  It was long and thin, with a tiny socket.  Maybe the oven or the fridge or something?  Anyway I picked the glass out of my foot and carefully felt around for more.  My father told me that your body doesn’t naturally expel a glass splinter like it would a wooden splinter, so you have to be proactive or risk lifelong pain.  I don’t know if that is true, but I’ve always been more afraid of broken glass because of it.

Miraculously, there didn’t seem to be any cuts, but of course there were, so now I have made bloody footprints that I have to clean up.  I feel foolish, hurt (as in physical pain), surprised and embarrassed, roughly in that order.

tfisb Wrote: I was somewhat unguarded because I am in my living space alone (a rare occurrence of late - everyone else is out participating in civic activities for the weekend) when I heard the cat make noises of ungraceful falling, including knocking things to the floor, etc.  I went to check to see if he was okay (he was fine) but he had knocked a lightbulb onto the floor, which I promptly stepped on.  It made a crisp ‘pop’ sound.  

Now I only saw the broken remains of the lightbulb, but for the life of me I can’t visualize where it is supposed to go.  It was long and thin, with a tiny socket.  Maybe the oven or the fridge or something?  Anyway I picked the glass out of my foot and carefully felt around for more.  My father told me that your body doesn’t naturally expel a glass splinter like it would a wooden splinter, so you have to be proactive or risk lifelong pain.  I don’t know if that is true, but I’ve always been more afraid of broken glass because of it.

Miraculously, there didn’t seem to be any cuts, but of course there were, so now I have made bloody footprints that I have to clean up.  I feel foolish, hurt (as in physical pain), surprised and embarrassed, roughly in that order.

I just realized that you haven't posted a book
If you were to write one it would be well worth a look
the way you write is really nice, so i'm surprised today
even that review you wrote was splendid, by the way
PeoReading

I am unbelievably annoyed. I split my favorite pants right up the backseam with zero hope of repairing the breach. I had to walk out of the grocery store with my buns visible to all and sundry and my rump roast in the breeze. How can I face the potroast knowing the world was laughing at my food choices?