Re: WHO IS HYPED FOR WRITATHON?

I am looking forward to next month. I have been playing most of October. I am working on a prequel to one of my novels which has massive world building on it. 
I am stuck on names right now but things are looking up. I also plan on posting something on here soon which hopefully I can work on every Sunday for the foreseeable future. 

Now as far as a reader goes I am looking to read as much as I can on here since so far quite a few pieces have caught my attention. I can't wait to do all the things. :D

YES! So much hype!

So much unprepared!

This happens every year - I think I know what I'm going to write, up until it actually comes down to it, and then... something happens, usually unexpectedly. So, I know nothing about what I'm going to write except that I'm going to write it.

Random pantsing weeeeeeeeee!!
DrakanGlasses

Trickster's Luck was my 2019 nano, which ended up growing and still hasn't finished. I'd been building the world for a different story entirely, but dropped Maya in on november 1st with no plans whatsoever. Bloodshard, 2020's nano project, just came out of nowhere without even a hint of worldbuilding ahead of time. Wrote chapter 1 in a single sitting, I think a day or two before November, and kept going from there. It was supposed to be quick and short, 60-80k, finishing mid-december... ended up 138k in March before it was finally done.

:shrug: nano gonna nano. I've given up trying to control it.

Healing Wrote: Hey!

I am super excited for NaNoWriMo/RR Writathon. Are you all? 

If you're a writer, what expectations/goals are you setting for yourself? Do you know what type/genre of story you are going to write?

If you're a reader, what type of stories do you hope to see when we get the influx of new stories?

Wooo!
I am new here, what is Writathon?
Sincerely, T.K Paradox

T.K Wrote:

If you're a writer, what expectations/goals are you setting for yourself? Do you know what type/genre of story you are going to write?

If you're a reader, what type of stories do you hope to see when we get the influx of new stories?

Wooo!
Sincerely, T.K Paradox
https://www.royalroad.com/blog/37/5-weeks-of-royal-writathon-begins-now

april sprint. Same thing as whats happening in 7 days

I'm long passed enjoying these kinds of writing challenges.

While writing something during Writathon is a good boost in views, it's going to end up like my experience with NaNoWriMo. I'm creatively exhausted to the point I don't have the mental capacity to write. The numbers aren't worth being unable to write until March because I've overdone it. 

I shall break free of the shackles of editing and pre-planning!

I have little idea of what I want to write about so I'm going with a small idea and just rambling along as fast as I can :)

Doubling my workload sounds a lot like......well, twice the work :(

Just writing and posting and not worrying about what I toss on the wall each day? That's called vacation!!!

CasCMorgan Wrote: I am looking forward to next month. I have been playing most of October. I am working on a prequel to one of my novels which has massive world building on it. 
I am stuck on names right now but things are looking up. I also plan on posting something on here soon which hopefully I can work on every Sunday for the foreseeable future. 

Now as far as a reader goes I am looking to read as much as I can on here since so far quite a few pieces have caught my attention. I can't wait to do all the things. :D
CasCMorgan Wrote: I am looking forward to next month. I have been playing most of October. I am working on a prequel to one of my novels which has massive world building on it. 

That's awesome!! I hope you achieve all the things!!

Asviloka Wrote: YES! So much hype!

So much unprepared!

This happens every year - I think I know what I'm going to write, up until it actually comes down to it, and then... something happens, usually unexpectedly. So, I know nothing about what I'm going to write except that I'm going to write it.

Random pantsing weeeeeeeeee!!
DrakanGlasses

Trickster's Luck was my 2019 nano, which ended up growing and still hasn't finished. I'd been building the world for a different story entirely, but dropped Maya in on november 1st with no plans whatsoever. Bloodshard, 2020's nano project, just came out of nowhere without even a hint of worldbuilding ahead of time. Wrote chapter 1 in a single sitting, I think a day or two before November, and kept going from there. It was supposed to be quick and short, 60-80k, finishing mid-december... ended up 138k in March before it was finally done.

:shrug: nano gonna nano. I've given up trying to control it.

Ahh, I'm a discovery writer too! No matter how much I plan, things will change. We can do it!

Nestor1079 Wrote: I'll try to participate in the Writathon, but I've been pretty busy lately so I'm a bit concerned that I won't have a good showing.
I believe in you! Just remember, anything you accomplish is more than what you did the day prior! 

tfisb Wrote: All my extremities are numb or tingling.  Admittedly this could be heart failure, but I prefer to think of it as HYPE FOR WRITATHON!

(why is writathon spelled like that?  shouldn’t it be writerthon?  or writingthon?  graphithon if you want to keep with the greek theme?)
I am a strong advocate for WRITERTHON. Let's draft up a proposal ASAP.

T.K Wrote:

Wooo!
Sincerely, T.K Paradox
Hey TK! 

Writathon is basically national writathon month, but hosted by RR. It's where you write 50k+ words (or 55,555 on RR) for the entirety of the month of November. If you want a good guideline, visit the nanowrimo website: https://nanowrimo.org/about-nano
It's a great opportunity for authors to push themselves to write as much as possible in 30 days, and often is a good way for readers to find stories that are well crafted drafts.

The Wrote: I shall break free of the shackles of editing and pre-planning!

I have little idea of what I want to write about so I'm going with a small idea and just rambling along as fast as I can :)

Doubling my workload sounds a lot like......well, twice the work :(

Just writing and posting and not worrying about what I toss on the wall each day? That's called vacation!!!
That's how I feel! I'm going to write a genre that I am not used to writing at all. It will definitely be a draft, but I'm hopeful of what I create and think it'll do well on the site :) 

I'm doing it for twofold reasons.

1) I launch the soft retool/new season of my story that started MASSIVELY on the wrong foot.
2) Building up the discipline I lack for writing.

I'm gonna come in dead-last or even not at all, but hey--little ratings boost or actually setting out and completing a goal. Either way, it's a good victory even if it's not glamourous.