Which writing method do you see yourself using?

The shotgun method: A method that values in aiming for a general audience in order to be able to appeal to many demographics, and possibly raking in more view than the other method, this method could also be explained as writing about the basic of the genre and not diving into the hyper specific sub-categories of the genre. Like if you're writing sci-fi, the sub genre your going to try to classify as is probably more well know, like space opera or cyberpunk.

The sniper method: A method that values in aiming for a specific audience that you hope will weed out other stories in favor of yours. This method could be explained as being intentionally niche, in order to appeal to a certain audience over a general one, hoping that it pulls in more viewers than a more general audience focused novel. Your sub-genre will often be very specific, such as Gaslamp Fantasy or Slice-of-life Isekai. 

Re: Which writing method do you see yourself using?

Snipper method. I honestly do this unintentionally at times. My current story is fantasy slice-of-life. It's what I want to read. And what I want to read is often not main-steam or whatever is popular because it will always become an over-saturation of the same thing. Just because I like something doesn't mean that I want everything I consume to be about the same thing. I might like slice-of-life with fantastical elements, however that's not all I will forever consume and want. Variety fuels my creativity. 

Besides, I tried to write for a more broad audience or the masses before and I ended up with something I personally didn't like. It was restrictive because you always had to adhere to conventions. And if you are mid-writing and the conventions change, well you're screwed. So yeah, I don't play the popular game, the ranked game, or the I have to have the entire numbers game. As of write now, I just want to write a story for the sake of writing it.

T.K Wrote: The shotgun method: A method that values in aiming for a general audience in order to be able to appeal to many demographics, and possibly raking in more view than the other method, this method could also be explained as writing about the basic of the genre and not diving into the hyper specific sub-categories of the genre. Like if you're writing sci-fi, the sub genre your going to try to classify as is probably more well know, like space opera or cyberpunk.

The sniper method: A method that values in aiming for a specific audience that you hope will weed out other stories in favor of yours. This method could be explained as being intentionally niche, in order to appeal to a certain audience over a general one, hoping that it pulls in more viewers than a more general audience focused novel. Your sub-genre will often be very specific, such as Gaslamp Fantasy or Slice-of-life Isekai.
Neither. I opted for the *me* method.

I write what I wanted to without a care for market/target audience/whatever.

Seersucker Wrote: There were methods this whole time!?

Honestly though, I feel that I'm somewhere in the middle of the two. My story is generic fantasy in a lot of ways, but then I have a monster MC which is a bit of a niche.
I would say these methods show up whether you plan to or not, and these aren't just the two styles you can write in. I just found out by reading a lot, that many stories feature these writing method themes.