Should Reviews be removed if the chapter they were posted from is removed?

This is mostly aimed at stubs, if the chapter a story was 'reviewed at' is removed I believe the corresponding reviews should also be removed. 
Keeping these reviews is misleading for readers and contributes to these non-stories maintaining a place in Top Rated which could instead be taken up by an actual story. 
If authors believe its worth removing their novels from this site they shouldn't be eligible for all the reviews which no longer apply.

If they want advertisement on RRL they can pay for it, the same as readers can pay for their novels. 

Re: Should Reviews be removed if the chapter they were posted from is removed?

The problem is that it will hamper the ones who write sequential novels.
For example, say I write chapter 13 of my novel and XXX person reviews on it, then say at chapter 50 I switch to KU and remove book 1 of my novel (say 27 chapters) but the rest of the 23 chapters are there and I will be posting more chapters of the same novel. Wouldn't it be unfair to me if my review is lost just because I took an economic decision?

Plus one of RR's greatest plus points is that you can go to KU and post here, if that is removed then it will hurt RR itself as authors who want both will look elsewhere. Most of the Popular This Week novels are following this format

Verlin Wrote: The problem is that it will hamper the ones who write sequential novels.
For example, say I write chapter 13 of my novel and XXX person reviews on it, then say at chapter 50 I switch to KU and remove book 1 of my novel (say 27 chapters) but the rest of the 23 chapters are there and I will be posting more chapters of the same novel. Wouldn't it be unfair to me if my review is lost just because I took an economic decision?

Plus one of RR's greatest plus points is that you can go to KU and post here, if that is removed then it will hurt RR itself as authors who want both will look elsewhere. Most of the Popular This Week novels are following this format
Thats true, but at the end of the day it's new readers who rely on reviews to judge what they should or shouldn't read. New readers cannot read stubs on RRL. Even if they decide to post sequential novels under the same title (though I'd argue they could also post them under a sequential title) for a new reader it doesn't really matter right? All these reviews are an ad for something they can only get from Amazon. 

And this is why I said reviews of the removed chapters, not ALL reviews. If they decide to keep sequential chapters up, then reviews written when sequential chapters were written would stay. But reviews for the first book, which new readers can no longer even read, would be removed. 

Its all well and good to say they only remove their novels for financial reasons, but the moment they do those reviews fulfill the purpose of advertising to their amazon account at the expense of stories which are still being written on RRL. 

https%3A%2F%2Fwww.seekpng.com%2Fpng%2Ffull%2F784-784...mmming.png

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/29358/dungeon-crawler-carl-book-5-the-hunting-grounds?review=618817#review-618817

Hmm. Do please answer this. On the above review, you state the reason for rating it 0.5 is due to the contents not being able to be seen anymore. Yet should that honestly affect the score in any way? It's not on RR anymore so why should the readers have to read a review that talks about it? 

DrBuller Wrote:

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/29358/dungeon-crawler-carl-book-5-the-hunting-grounds?review=618817#review-618817

Hmm. Do please answer this. On the above review, you state the reason for rating it 0.5 is due to the contents not being able to be seen anymore. Yet should that honestly affect the score in any way? It's not on RR anymore so why should the readers have to read a review that talks about it? 
Rate the story: there is no story to rate: rating = 0.

Its simple.

Edit: and before you ask why I NEED to deliberately make a lot rating there, I didn't. I'd already rated it 5* from when I was still reading it. 
Unfortunatly RRL doesn't have a functionality to remove reviews and ratings, so when the story was taken down this was all I could do.

I sure as hell am not rating a story which is no longer available as 5*. 

The chapter usually has little to do with the review other than to show the reader of the review how far the reviewer has read.

If I rate a story at chapter 20 and that is for some reason or another removed then that has little to do with the review. Even if that whole part was removed then it wouldn’t be relevant. The only time that it would be relevant would be if everything up until that point was remade, but in that case it would be in the best interest of most people to post the revision as a new book anyway.

So the answer imo is no

Azcheron Wrote:
DrBuller Wrote:

Rate the story: there is no story to rate: rating = 0.

Its simple.

Edit: and before you ask why I NEED to deliberately make a lot rating there, I didn't. I'd already rated it 5* from when I was still reading it. 
Unfortunatly RRL doesn't have a functionality to remove reviews and ratings, so when the story was taken down this was all I could do.

I sure as hell am not rating a story which is no longer available as 5*.
... I see.

Anyway. Here is the link you needed to find to remove that rating you put there: https://www.royalroad.com/my/reviews
I hope to see you using it :) Since there's no story to review, it's best to remove all connections to it.

If authors could delete reviews, then this could be abusable. Further, reviewers potentially having their reviews deleted, without being warned or receiving a backup version, could disincentivise writing longer reviews. However, the OP does raise some valid concerns about reviews not reflecting the book that the reader is presented on this site. Any feature of the sort suggested would still need to have its finer details worked out quite precisely, or it might have negative consequences.