Re: What counts as Ratings Manipulation?

I don't think so. If you give readers real content in exchange for (probably ineffective encouragement) to get them to rate / review, it sounds like fair game to me. 

Personal experience: I said that I would do daily updates + doing a rewrite of the first two arcs while on Rising Stars (never got into the top ten of the Romance list even.... yeah. Killing myself paid off by getting more eyes on the story and I definitely got more positive ratings, but I think the first rewrite and massive influx of content had more to do with that then the lame promo attempt.)

Your mileage may vary!

Re: What counts as Ratings Manipulation?

kieranpierce Wrote: I don't think so. If you give readers real content in exchange for (probably ineffective encouragement) to get them to rate / review, it sounds like fair game to me. 

Personal experience: I said that I would do daily updates + doing a rewrite of the first two arcs while on Rising Stars (never got into the top ten of the Romance list even.... yeah. Killing myself paid off by getting more eyes on the story and I definitely got more positive ratings, but I think the first rewrite and massive influx of content had more to do with that then the lame promo attempt.)

Your mileage may vary!
Yep, rewriting goes a long way. I have found that I have a pretty dedicated base of readers, they keep jumping in whenever I reconstruct my series. This as a result attracts new readers, so the content is what brings in the views. Unfortunately, they attract other silent peeps who tend not to rate, follow, etc. Though, some of them Direct Message me from time to time, so that is something.  DrakanLaugh