Re: Looking for a certain sort of book

*rubs hands together gleefully* My time has come.

...actually, I haven't read anything by the specific authors you mention, so I can't say how closely these will match. However, I do have some good recommendations for the unusual-but-excellent side of Royal Road. Strap yourself in.

Romantically Apocalyptic
My favourite story on RR, this started life as a famous webcomic and is definitely not your usual cup of tea. It starts off with an absurdist comedic narrative and slowly turns into something... very different. For that matter, anything by author Vitaly S Alexius is well worth your time. Very intelligent and very unconventional.

QQQQ
Heard of surrealist author Haruki Murakami? I'm convinced this story is a spiritual successor to some of his work. It's an urban fantasy with a bit of an initial slow build, but very much worth the wait. Great characters and a plot you certainly don't see every day.

Rainbow Destructor
Short, sharp and lightning-fast, this sci-fi fiction does exactly what it says in the title. Exactly what it says in the title.

My Delirium Alcazar
I'd say this is probably the best small-town gamelit cyberpunk mystery horror capitalist critique about haunted houses on the market right now. Very unconventional style, to boot.

And for traditional novels, I can't go past recommending House of Leaves, a stunning and deeply surreal book which throws every convention out the window. 

Re: Looking for a certain sort of book

Csuite Wrote: *rubs hands together gleefully* My time has come.

...actually, I haven't read anything by the specific authors you mention, so I can't say how closely these will match. However, I do have some good recommendations for the unusual-but-excellent side of Royal Road. Strap yourself in.

Romantically Apocalyptic
My favourite story on RR, this started life as a famous webcomic and is definitely not your usual cup of tea. It starts off with an absurdist comedic narrative and slowly turns into something... very different. For that matter, anything by author Vitaly S Alexius is well worth your time. Very intelligent and very unconventional.

QQQQ
Heard of surrealist author Haruki Murakami? I'm convinced this story is a spiritual successor to some of his work. It's an urban fantasy with a bit of an initial slow build, but very much worth the wait. Great characters and a plot you certainly don't see every day.

Rainbow Destructor
Short, sharp and lightning-fast, this sci-fi fiction does exactly what it says in the title. Exactly what it says in the title.

My Delirium Alcazar
I'd say this is probably the best small-town gamelit cyberpunk mystery horror capitalist critique about haunted houses on the market right now. Very unconventional style, to boot.

And for traditional novels, I can't go past recommending House of Leaves, a stunning and deeply surreal book which throws every convention out the window.
Thanks for the recommendations. To be frank, I didn't expect this to be answered so quickly and with several recommendations; this was a pleasant surprise. Part of my purpose with this was to see who out there in RR likes/writes that kinda stuff.