Re: How many followers is a normal amount of followers to gain after posting chapter 1 of your story?

I kept track of my followers on Web of Secrets for the first month or so until it hit Trending. It's been a while, but I think I was trying to determine which days/times were most successful. Hope this helps! (And sorry if my math is wrong somewhere—I never planned for anyone else to see this. :P)

Chapter 1: 2 followers (Posted Monday, 1/4. 2pm)
Map and Characters: 8 followers (+6) (Posted Monday, 1/4. 6pm)
Chapter 2: 15 followers (+7) (Posted Friday, 1/8, 7pm)
Chapter 3: 19 followers (+4) (Posted Sunday, Jan 10, 1pm)
Chapter 4: 21 followers (+2) (Posted Wednesday, Jan 13, 6:36pm) 
Reddit Post (r/ProgressionFantasy): 50 followers (+29)  (Posted Thursday, Jan 14, 2pm)
Reddit Post (r/rlitRPG): 64 followers (+14)  (Posted Friday, Jan 15, 1:30pm)
Chapter 5: 77 followers (+13) (Posted Sunday, Jan 17, 11:16am)
Chapter 6: 78 followers (+1) (Posted Thursday, Jan 21, 1:03pm)
Chapter 7: 83 followers (+5) (Posted Saturday, Jan 23, 9:32am)
Chapter 8: 91 followers (+8) (Posted Tuesday, Jan 27, 9:06pm)
Chapter 9: 99 followers (+8) (Posted Friday, Jan 29, 9:16pm)
Chapter 9: 174 followers (+75) (Posted Wednesday, Feb 3, 9:16pm) (Trending Day 1)

TL;DR: Around ten on the story's first day.

Re: How many followers is a normal amount of followers to gain after posting chapter 1 of your story?

One-digit. But it depends how big of a timespan you're talking about. If Chapter 2 is not going to be posted for a full week, many of your current readers will find the story in the meantime (especially if you link to it from your other fictions), I'd expect you to get two-digit or even low three-digit with just one chapter. 

But if you post chapter 2 the next day, the numbers will be lower of course. That's my guess, at least! 

Brogotta Wrote: It depends on how big of titties you put on your cover. The bigger, the more followers you will get immediately. 

Sorry, had to say it.
I mean, this is really only an exaggeration to a certain degree.

You know how many times I thought about compromising my integrity and just upping the T&A of my protagonist? At least twice.
(Actually I could probably still do that for ScribbleHub)

But at some point with big booby books you have to weigh the quality-vs-quantity of your followers.
Seersucker Wrote: I don't think that the amount of followers someone as established as you gets on a new fiction is going to be the same as the number someone new to the site or who hasn't achieved the same level of success would have.
Also, have to agree with this. There is a definite schism between OP's current site-experience and the majority of us.

razscrivens Wrote: For me, I seem to be gaining one new follower with each chapter I post, on average. I appreciate each and every one of my followers, don't get me wrong! But seeing as how my story probably won't crack 40 chapters by the time the first installment is complete, I hope I can gain some more traction in the future...

DrakanLaugh
I feel like you're underselling yourself just as much as OP. Your metrics look good for how long your fic has been going. Your trajectory is still leagues above many many others.