Re: Behold, a reader!

Your title is actually funny hahaha. We do have a lot of writers in the forums / introductions post. Nice of you to quick make your forums ~debut~ before you join the ~dark side~.

The forums do exist and it's so awesome that you dropped by to say hello! Hopefully, we'll see you around in the discussions here too.  peoapproval

kieranpierce Wrote: Your title is actually funny hahaha. We do have a lot of writers in the forums / introductions post. Nice of you to quick make your forums ~debut~ before you join the ~dark side~.

The forums do exist and it's so awesome that you dropped by to say hello! Hopefully, we'll see you around in the discussions here too.  peoapproval

Yeah I plan to stick around here, get some recommendations maybe. 

The dark side of Royal Road is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be... unnatural.

Simon Wrote: The dark side of Royal Road is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be... unnatural.

You get that typing speed powerup.
*cues the Typeracer training montage*
How can you be a writer unless you type out all those words unfolding in your mind at 200wpm as one of those Dvorak speed typists?
And then the carpal tunnel.... We have many things on the dark side.  peoEsmile

Simon Wrote: The dark side of Royal Road is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be... unnatural.

unnatural is putting it quite lightly my new friend
the author's route down royal road is darkness without end!
ghosts and phantoms dwell in every corner of this sect
but you may survive if you show the elders respect
peoreaper

eric_river Wrote:
Welcome to the forum, readers are quite a rare breed
it's a pleasure to have you, what do you like to read?
feel free to ask any questions, or just shoot the breeze
here's to your future success, may fortune come with ease
DrakanWine

DrakanWine

And to you a pleasant day/evening. We readers are often a sneaky lot. We are here often and long, yet it is only a few of us who are chosen to speak.

What do I like to read? I enjoy fantasy, I was raised reading it after all, sci-fi is never behind, and westerns are something of a newfound passion for me. Lately though the things I like have been pretty all over the place and this is because my preferences are becoming less genre-specific and more about certain periods and conventions of writing, themes, etc. tending towards modernism and postmodernism. I guess you could say nowadays I'm getting into realistic dramas and weird fiction, if you had to assign genres to it.

That aside, thanks for the warm welcome.

kieranpierce Wrote:

You get that typing speed powerup.
*cues the Typeracer training montage*
How can you be a writer unless you type out all those words unfolding in your mind at 200wpm as one of those Dvorak speed typists?
And then the carpal tunnel.... We have many things on the dark side.  peoEsmile

Typing speed is already impressive, but carpal tunnel? The power of writers is truly beyond my wildest dreams.

AlexaLee Wrote: What is this rare sight? A reader? On RR? In the forums?!  Peopew  Get them!!

I kid! Welcome to the forums! I adore fantasy and sci-fi. My reasons for writing them are pretty similar to your reasons for reading them, I was raised on them! 

I hope you find lots of great books to read here :)

Thanks! The SFF legacy continues  DrakanGlasses

Simon Wrote:
eric_river Wrote:
Welcome to the forum, readers are quite a rare breed
it's a pleasure to have you, what do you like to read?
feel free to ask any questions, or just shoot the breeze
here's to your future success, may fortune come with ease
DrakanWine

DrakanWine

And to you a pleasant day/evening. We readers are often a sneaky lot. We are here often and long, yet it is only a few of us who are chosen to speak.

What do I like to read? I enjoy fantasy, I was raised reading it after all, sci-fi is never behind, and westerns are something of a newfound passion for me. Lately though the things I like have been pretty all over the place and this is because my preferences are becoming less genre-specific and more about certain periods and conventions of writing, themes, etc. tending towards modernism and postmodernism. I guess you could say nowadays I'm getting into realistic dramas and weird fiction, if you had to assign genres to it.

That aside, thanks for the warm welcome.

you can call it what you like, just write the stuff you love!
you'll find readers who enjoy the world your writing of
readers certainly are quiet, i've noticed that too
most threads only get one post for every tenth view xD
DrakanSigh

Welcome to the Forums. It's always good to see a reader emerge from the darkness. And many before you have made the journey and joined the ranks of authors. May your fingers fly across the keyboard and the fruits of your imagination be spewed forth for all to see. Hope the light isn't too blinding and that you find the Forums a fun experience. Good luck. 

I'll recommend Cinn's beginner's guide https://www.royalroad.com/forums/thread/111469 even though you're not a beginner. Still, there a lot of good information there.