Transparent Tables; or Matching Background

So, in my fiction, I want to do something with indenting that, as far as I can tell, is best handled with tables. The thing though is that I don't want or need the table to stand out in a bright primary color. To the contrary, I would prefer that the table were transparent and so matched the background color of the site (whether in light mode, dark mode or sepia). The big problem I am having has to do with how Royal Road defaults to blue. Does anyone know how to define a table on Royal Road that is transparent or will otherwise match the background? 

Thanks in advance 

Re: Transparent Tables; or Matching Background

test for transparency

Edit: It is possible from testing, it hurt my eyes to look at Light, at least for your fiction as the forum uses different coding. Make a table, give it a random background colour and then change the code to say transparent. Example below:
Quote:<table style="border-collapse: collapse; width: 100%; background-color: transparent;" border="1">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td style="width: 98.1132%;">test</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>

Re: Transparent Tables; or Matching Background

MalevolenceMau Wrote:
test for transparency

Edit: It is possible from testing, it hurt my eyes to look at Light, at least for your fiction as the forum uses different coding. Make a table, give it a random background colour and then change the code to say transparent. Example below:
Quote:<table style="border-collapse: collapse; width: 100%; background-color: transparent;" border="1">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td style="width: 98.1132%;">test</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>

So the problem with this (I just tested it in a fiction chapter), is that when viewed on light mode (or sepia), the color of the font doesn't change and so it loses contrast.  In other words, you can't hardly see it on light mode (or sepia) because the font color is being set to contrast with a transparent black (I think).