Re: The future of your work.

I am a discovery writer with some set events and goals for stories (often in far-off books).
I work by arcs/parts then breaking them down into smaller arcs with a set amount of chapters in each (so 3-5 Parts, 3-5 mini-arcs per part and 5-14 chapters in each mini-arc). Each chapter is 1-2.5k words and each mini-arc has a general purpose or lead up.
The entire first book is setting things up for full-on insanity down the line and that is an easy 150 chapters. I have huge plans for future books (since the first one is almost more slice of life and understanding the world, setting and having other poor isekai/space-time displaced souls interact with murderhobos and nutso gods, adventurers, and explorers in a hub world for a multiverse that lost connection to other worlds/realms/realities

Kino Wrote: I am a discovery writer with some set events and goals for stories (often in far-off books).
I work by arcs/parts then breaking them down into smaller arcs with a set amount of chapters in each (so 3-5 Parts, 3-5 mini-arcs per part and 5-14 chapters in each mini-arc). Each chapter is 1-2.5k words and each mini-arc has a general purpose or lead up.
The entire first book is setting things up for full-on insanity down the line and that is an easy 150 chapters. I have huge plans for future books (since the first one is almost more slice of life and understanding the world, setting and having other poor isekai/space-time displaced souls interact with murderhobos and nutso gods, adventurers, and explorers in a hub world for a multiverse that lost connection to other worlds/realms/realities

Fellow pantser, nice.

Kino Wrote: I am a discovery writer with some set events and goals for stories (often in far-off books).

Fellow planner, nice.

Sake Wrote: I can certify that the method of dividing one's work into arcs works. I do the same.
Yeah, I make more of a hard note on paper. As well as put triggering words within my story, which would signal a change in the arc. For instance, the end of the fifth chapter of my first book. The scene shown signals the end of that arc, though, that will require observation on the readers part. I do not spoon feed I guess the saying goes.

There are five arcs in short.

Chapters 1 - 5 —> Arc 1

Chapters 6 - 10—> Arc 2

Chapters 11 - 15 —> Arc 3

Chapters 16 – 19—> Arc 4(this part of the story is a lot longer than it looks)

Chapters 20 - Finale(25)—> Arc 5

All of my books follows this similar pattern, so it isn’t difficult to track. Just gotta know, every 4 - 5 chapters, an arc ends.

I have a lot of things planned, but to be honest it's both exciting and indimidating. I very much want to tell the stories in my head, flesh out the world, but when thinking about how far ahead that all is, and how much work it's going to get there, since I'm not the most experienced writer. I'll of course do my hardest to make it, and I'm not planning on giving up. We're all here to tell the best stories we can. Writing is not a short-or easy-journey, but it's definitely worth it.

Cheers!  DrakanWine

The beauty of my project - for me - is that it has no indefinite end point. Like the old Conan stories, you should be able to follow Thornsong and Raspberry as long as I'm alive and writing - and, with any luck, someone or some community will pick up the torch and keep going on long after.

There will be growth, and change, and development - but the hope is that the world will be rich enough to provide new stories both in and around the main characters for a long, long time.

Hell, I'd welcome fanfiction NOW - but it's not like there's much to go on at the moment. I'm working on that :-)

I don't want to reveal a lot about future plot points, but for now I'm basically writing my main character's first mission and through that, introduce some key players (recurring villains and heroes), and properly introduce my readers to the Arc 3 deuteragonist. After that, I'm planning on having some of the consequences of Arc 1 and Arc 2 take effect on Arc 4, as some characters from those arcs will return in that arc, but I'm not saying who ;).

I have 5 volumes planned for the core series of Heroes of The Collective. The second is being shared at the moment and I'm half way through writing the fourth. Beyond that, I have 4 more different stories to tell within the universe. 

Heroes XX XX XX = potentially 25 chapters and will continue directly from HoTC 5 but I don't think it'll be the first thing I write/release. 
XX Heroes = not sure yet.
XX XX XX XX Heroes - limited series = approx 20 chapters
Name TBC- limited series of 21 chapters

Pretty excited to get to the other series but will be sad when the core stuff is done with.

The second one is very much concept/name first, content TBD... 🤔

I have some big plans, a few epic scenes I can't wait to write, and a whole lot of vague ideas that I'll fit in somewhere.

I'm revising an older draft, so a lot of things are playing out differently this time. Stuff gets added or moved around a lot. The chapter I'm working on right now used to be around chapter 30, but now it'll be 18... it's a very important scene though and sets up a lot of the emotional arc of the character. I used to have a prologue, but waffled on including it and ended up posting without it, so some of the impact of later things will be different now.

I have some really awesome stuff planned, a few hybrid concepts that I worry will be too nonconventional, and a whole lot of good ol'-fashioned man vs monster action. I'm having so much fun writing it. I can't wait to see what people think of some of the more epic fights I have coming up later on.

Wars, with millions of deaths.
The one massive and powerful Empire that hosted a safe home for humans (and humans specifically with some little exceptions) is under attack from everywhere. 

From the north Empire Of Lich rises with armies of different races united under a single banner and they are a force to be recognized with their mix of modern + magic involved technologies.

On the south, a demon army bigger than ever seen controlled by the second most powerful demon king of all time slowly marches to the heart of the Empire Under The Heavens Light (EUTHL for short).

In the west, giant naval forces of amphibic demi-human trade kingdom slowly captures the trade and fishing zones of the EUTHL.

And no one knows what the ones calling them Above's, behind the densest forest protected by a race they slaved, are planing.

So for short. There are lots of powerful Empires, with each one of them having its strong ways and million ready to be mobilized for battle and every side has proper reasons to hate each others guts. What can go wrong, right?