Comedic wit alongside dark humor is hard to find, anyone else ?

It may just be me, but ever since I played a little stealth game series called Styx I have found comedic wit and dark humor to be sorely lacking in fictions. 

I thought that I could satisfy my cravings by going on goodreads and sorting by dark humor, but alas it seems like the mayority of people limit dark humor to morbidity and jokes about sex, for witty protagonists it’s even worse as most are just overly sarcastic characters.

With that venting aside, has anyone else gone through something similar, it’s been years now and my cravings have yet to be sated by anything.

Re: Comedic wit alongside dark humor is hard to find, anyone else ?

MarcieTheVillain Wrote: Are you looking for a full blown comedy? Or just a story with some occasional dark humor?

I'd say neither, what excited me in the above mentioned game series was it's ability to mix a witty protagonist and a fantasy world alongside some occasional meta commentary while keeping a narrative pace going throughout the whole experience. I know that I didn't speak of the latter originally, but it was part of why it was funny.

Fair enough. I’ve been told my story occasionally has some funny moments that may be in the vein you’re looking for, but they’re certainly not in profusion, so I couldn’t in good faith fully recommend it. I know there were some times I found myself smiling at GrimDux’s ‘Touch o’ Luck’ fiction; that’s more of a fantasy world with a snarky, sometimes witty protag and some clever humor. Maybe give that a go?

MarcieTheVillain Wrote: Fair enough. I’ve been told my story occasionally has some funny moments that may be in the vein you’re looking for, but they’re certainly not in profusion, so I couldn’t in good faith fully recommend it. I know there were some times I found myself smiling at GrimDux’s ‘Touch o’ Luck’ fiction; that’s more of a fantasy world with a snarky, sometimes witty protag and some clever humor. Maybe give that a go?
Thanks for the recommendation, I'll check it out.

Joe Abercrombie's First Law trilogy does this incredibly well. It's simultaneously one of the darkest and most tragic books i've read, but also had me laughing out loud throughout half of it. You have to be fine with evil protagonists, however. Because the protagonists in this aren't  morally grey, they're evil, but damn do I love Glokta no matter how much of a piece of shit he is XD