Re: Seems Cool

LurkerWizard Wrote: Welcome to Royalroad! Hope you enjoy your stay.

Quote:albeit I have a tonal preference for the former

Why? Are you a fan of Berserk?
i am liking it here so far! thank you.

to answer your question, berserk, fist of the north star, violence jack, i've never finished going through any of those works completely, but i'm a great fan and they're a huge inspiration.

also, not entirely related, but i'm also a fan of dark souls, darkest dungeon, battle brothers, crusader kings, doom, alice, devil may cry, all different genres of games but all variations of that violent and/or dark and gritty scale.

that's just stuff i can remember off the top of my head.

LurkerWizard Wrote: Great minds think alike. I've been inspired by many mediums of entertainment of which you've written of as well, and am a bit intrigued by what your work is going to be about, but we'll see when you upload it. No pressure. Have a good night!
i'll be looking forward to anything you might write inspired by that sort of media! the one story i have in the works is primarily inspired by dark souls and berserk but there are certainly noticeable chunks of the other stuff i listed in there, among even more things that i just subconsciously picked up along the way. goodnight wizard friend, i'll give you a follow!

Welcome! RR has lots of fantasy and I think tends to lean a little to the darker side, so you'll find plenty to read. Also, as others have said you have great English. And when you are ready to post your work, RR does have pretty decent visibility compared to other sites, so hopefully it should go well for you.

I hope you enjoy RR and your fiction finds an audience.

Welcome to Royal Road Jevtic! First off, I want to say that your English is amazing!

One of my best friends (more a little brother figure) is also from Serbia and has just joined RR as well. Honestly, it's part of why I'm so excited to see another person from the country.

I draw all kinds of inspiration from various anime and manga (and other media) with Berserk and other darker worlds being a big part. 

I'm fascinated with mythology, legends, folklore, traditions, and cultures. If you ever want to talk about it or need help, you can drop me a private message and we can ramble or talk about things there. 

I also do fantasy in the same veins of what you like to write/read, and can't wait to see your story drop.

Best of luck in all your endeavors!

Cinn Wrote: Welcome! RR has lots of fantasy and I think tends to lean a little to the darker side, so you'll find plenty to read. Also, as others have said you have great English. And when you are ready to post your work, RR does have pretty decent visibility compared to other sites, so hopefully it should go well for you.

I hope you enjoy RR and your fiction finds an audience.
thank you very much and i hope people find and enjoy what i write as well! i am sure that i will find works to read that are up to my tastes as well, i just haven't had the chance since i've been burning myself out reading and re-reading what i'm writing to just make sure it's good enough.

i hope your works do even better than they are right now!

Kino Wrote: Welcome to Royal Road Jevtic! First off, I want to say that your English is amazing!

One of my best friends (more a little brother figure) is also from Serbia and has just joined RR as well. Honestly, it's part of why I'm so excited to see another person from the country.

I draw all kinds of inspiration from various anime and manga (and other media) with Berserk and other darker worlds being a big part. 

I'm fascinated with mythology, legends, folklore, traditions, and cultures. If you ever want to talk about it or need help, you can drop me a private message and we can ramble or talk about things there. 

I also do fantasy in the same veins of what you like to write/read, and can't wait to see your story drop.

Best of luck in all your endeavors!
that is very nice, i don't know who that kinsman might be, but i wish him the best of luck and productivity, as well as to you! i live in a heavily traditional and oldschool part of serbia where literature and arts are very limited to come by and can't really grow and prosper, which is what drove me to start writing in the first place. i don't expect that i'll ever find success, but i am doing it as a hobby and creative outlet anyhow. i will still probably translate my works into serbian if i find any serbian sites like this one in my lifetime though.

berserk is a lovely piece of fiction and it's a shame what happened to kentaro miura, and i hope that by some small margin a part of it will live on through my works, because i carry it with me wherever i go, along with a lot of other works.

i also draw a lot from local tales over here, i just change some things around to fit my world. i don't stop there, though, and i have elements from all sorts of eurasian stuff as well. in general, my work is not just for me to spin a story, but to also celebrate many classical and cultural tales, myths, and legends from many areas of the world because it's just one of those things that has no borders. i'll stop it there with that kind of stuff though, and i'd be happy to contact you to discuss folklore and whatnot in detail. in fact, i'll give you a follow!

when it comes to my story dropping, yeah, i too can't wait for it. i am not a fast writer, i'm working on only the fifth chapter so far, and i am hoping to have at least five and six finished by my birthday so that way i can post one through four when the time comes and still have a bit of a backlog to fall onto. i only have some worries that come with cultural barriers and whatnot, as well as my sort of blunt, and definitely explicit approach to this kinda stuff. i think i might need to toggle all the content warning tags when i post it.

thank you very much miss kino, and i hope i do have good luck with this!

JevticMilos95 Wrote: i also draw a lot from local tales over here, i just change some things around to fit my world.

My husband is Bulgarian, I pick his brain quite often for Slavic folklore and honestly it gives me such interesting ideas. I must have 10 sticky notes on my desk about dragons and their origins by now. I would like to do something with the Vukodlak eventually, get away from the Hollywood Wolf Man stereotypes.

CM Wrote:
JevticMilos95 Wrote: i also draw a lot from local tales over here, i just change some things around to fit my world.

My husband is Bulgarian, I pick his brain quite often for Slavic folklore and honestly it gives me such interesting ideas. I must have 10 sticky notes on my desk about dragons and their origins by now. I would like to do something with the Vukodlak eventually, get away from the Hollywood Wolf Man stereotypes.
the vukodlak is a pretty untainted portrayal of the classic werewolf, yeah. it literally translates to 'wolf-furred' and you gotta kill it with mercury or something along those lines. the word itself has become an umbrella term for just werewolves in general though, but still, have fun employing slavic mythology and folklore into your works, it makes me really happy to hear others indulging in it.

JevticMilos95 Wrote:
CM Wrote:

the vukodlak is a pretty untainted portrayal of the classic werewolf, yeah. it literally translates to 'wolf-furred' and you gotta kill it with mercury or something along those lines. the word itself has become an umbrella term for just werewolves in general though, but still, have fun employing slavic mythology and folklore into your works, it makes me really happy to hear others indulging in it.

We have gotten plenty of well thought out Medieval West Europe fantasy out there, I am super excited to delve into the other massive part of Europe for a change. I mean dragons that are small serpents until around a large amount of gold and then they become huge and ferocious? Way cooler than most dragon explanations.