Seems Cool

Hello there.

My name is Jevtić Miloš (Јевтић Милош) and I come from Serbia. I like fantasy and fiction in general, and I enjoy dark and violent stuff about as much as anything cute and wholesome, or anything between... albeit I have a tonal preference for the former. I also greatly enjoy culture, myths, folklore, and fairytales.

I've found this site thanks to a friend of mine who isn't even a member yet, he's just been looking for places to put up his own writings on and this one seemed pretty cool to me so I decided to join up.

I am not 100% familiar with English, but I believe I am fluent enough to be understood by most people, even if I make the occasional typo or mistake. I've never taken any courses in writing or literature so I class myself as an amateur and hobbyist, and will most likely remain so for as long as I exist.

I prefer to type in all lowercase, it is a bit painful to constantly sweat over the details and I prefer to keep it simple except for formal occasions such as writing and serious introductions such as these. I am not the smartest or wisest fellow and I wear it on my sleeve.

I have a WIP fantasy story that I will be sharing on the 1st of November here on this site, and I hope it does better than on other platforms.

I hope you are having a good day! And remember to take care of yourselves anywhere you may go. Drink water, stuff is good for you, and stay motivated!

Re: Seems Cool

Welcome to Royal Road. Based on your post, I'd say your English is excellent. Lots of different kinds of stories here so I'm sure you can find plenty of stories to suit your tastes. Being active in the Forums and commenting on stories you read are good ways to interact with the community. Cinn, our resident data expert, has put together a great beginner's guide https://www.royalroad.com/forums/thread/111469 

Hope you find Royal Road to be a good experience and that many people enjoy your work. Good luck.

parkertallan Wrote: Welcome to Royal Road. Based on your post, I'd say your English is excellent. Lots of different kinds of stories here so I'm sure you can find plenty of stories to suit your tastes. Being active in the Forums and commenting on stories you read are good ways to interact with the community. Cinn, our resident data expert, has put together a great beginner's guide https://www.royalroad.com/forums/thread/111469 

Hope you find Royal Road to be a good experience and that many people enjoy your work. Good luck.
Thank you mister Tallan, and the greatest of luck to you as well! I hope I am doing the reply right, I'm not that great at using forums. Thank you for the link as well, it really seems to be good advice and pointers and I will read into it more diligently.

ArDeeBurger Wrote: Well, I like stuff. And water!

If only someone would motivate me enough to make me wanna do the laundry.... 😼

Welcome to Royal Road. Please enjoy your stay.
Thank you for the welcome, I will do my best to enjoy my stay.

Not feeling motivated? That's okay, I also sometimes feel not motivated. Sometimes, you just need a break to let your brain rest, but you also need to remember to take a break from your break. If you keep leaving things to your future self, they will only pile on and you might get overwhelmed and that can be really disheartening. It happens to me a lot too, but I do hope that helps a little, sometimes the only one who can motivate you is yourself.

Eitan Wrote: Yey, welcome to Royal Road! Enjoy your stay here, and I highly recommend you to read the beginners guide and the related to fiction. There are really helpful!

Take care!
Hello thank you very much, I am already doing that and digging through stuff, but yes thank you I am doing my best.

eric_river Wrote:
more than 'fluent', how you write is likable and nice

i don't think i'd ever offer you grammar advice

keep on writing how you write, your voice is nice to read

and welcome to the royal road, it's a great place indeed!

DrakanWine
woah, smooth. and thank you for the kind words of encouragement! you are a very swood dude.

1moreindakitchen Wrote: Welcome to RR!
Your English is just fine.
You're starting on November 1st? Are you doing the NaNoWriMo?
thank you very much! and nono, i am not doing any monthly challenge, my birthday is on the 1st of november and i am a pretty spiritual sorta guy so it'd be like a good omen if that's the day i do it. hope that's not too silly of an answer.

well... that, and i need to build up my backlog a bit.

Extremely warm welcomes for you, Jevtić! We're amped as heck to have you here; I'm personally pretty excited to see more international users around! We'll be watching for that Nov. 1'st drop, you sly rascal, and we hope that you enjoy your stay and reach out if you have any issues, ideas, or (another i-word)! 

As an aside? Your English is very good, at least from what I can read here!

MarcieTheVillain Wrote: Extremely warm welcomes for you, Jevtić! We're amped as heck to have you here; I'm personally pretty excited to see more international users around! We'll be watching for that Nov. 1'st drop, you sly rascal, and we hope that you enjoy your stay and reach out if you have any issues, ideas, or (another i-word)! 

As an aside? Your English is very good, at least from what I can read here!
hello miss marceline, thank you very much for the warm welcome! i've got to be honest i am a bit anxious, but i am going to do the thing, and hopefully if i do it right, and i don't mess it up, it will work, it will just work.

and i gotta say, i was not expecting so many positive feedbacks on my english, but thank you regardless, i'm self-taught!