RR Genre Question

So one of the amazingly cool and gracious people to offer a review of my story Trickster’s Song has suggested it should have the Comedy Genre label. I’ve definitely written it with bits of humour, but I wasn’t thinking of it as a comedy per se based on how RR describes the genre. 

Is it better to have all 4 genres linked to your story if they apply to some degree? Like, my story is probably just a bit under the comedy level of Slayers anime/manga, frx, but nowhere near as full on comedy as like Dragon Half or Ranma 1/2. (Yes, I know my references are classicsold, haha.)

Should I label it as comedy?

Re: RR Genre Question

TomOBedlam Wrote: So one of the amazingly cool and gracious people to offer a review of my story Trickster’s Song has suggested it should have the Comedy Genre label. I’ve definitely written it with bits of humour, but I wasn’t thinking of it as a comedy per se based on how RR describes the genre. 

Is it better to have all 4 genres linked to your story if they apply to some degree? Like, my story is probably just a bit under the comedy level of Slayers anime/manga, frx, but nowhere near as full on comedy as like Dragon Half or Ranma 1/2. (Yes, I know my references are classicsold, haha.)

Should I label it as comedy?
Definitely use all four tags where applicable. 

Re: RR Genre Question

I think go for it! Genre tags are really just ways for your work to be found, I wouldn't think too hard about it. Especially if a reader suggests it, it's more likely suitable than not. :) & as someone who has read it, I do think it's humourous enough to pull it off. 

That is with the caveat - if you don't really want it to be that funny! Don't tag it if you think it being funny will detract from the story going forward and it's something you don't want to continue into the future. If your story is going to get far more dark and serious then it becomes a tougher question.