Title ideas

Howdy folks. I am currently working on a kind of weird idea: What if Jane Austen wrote an Isekai litrpg?

I have a few ideas for titles, and would love to hear some more thoughts thrown out. I want to be clear that I am not writing a satire, so I would prefer more serious titles.
A big theme of the book is going to be the character's desire to escape regency etiquette and expectation, and how this desire clashes with her new circumstances (another world that is also in its regency period)

Anyways, here are my title ideas:

Class and Kingdom
Class and Bearing
System and Etiquette
Comportment
Theodosia; or, The Modern Odysseus who Found Herself Magically Transported to a Different World with a Novel System of Class and Experience
Pale Fire

Re: Title ideas

JMWebb Wrote: Howdy folks. I am currently working on a kind of weird idea: What if Jane Austen wrote an Isekai litrpg?

I have a few ideas for titles, and would love to hear some more thoughts thrown out. I want to be clear that I am not writing a satire, so I would prefer more serious titles.
A big theme of the book is going to be the character's desire to escape regency etiquette and expectation, and how this desire clashes with her new circumstances (another world that is also in its regency period)

Class and Kingdom
Class and Bearing
System and Etiquette
Comportment
Theodosia; or, The Modern Odysseus who Found Herself Magically Transported to a Different World with a Novel System of Class and Experience
Pale Fire

I think for it to be recognizably Jane Austen inspired, you'll have to go with the format of two words that start with the same letter. (Sense & Sensibility, Pride & Prejudice) 

Or base the title off of one of the more well-known quotes of hers. ( It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife. )  "In Want of a [Insert Word Here]"

JLCohen Wrote:
JMWebb Wrote: Howdy folks. I am currently working on a kind of weird idea: What if Jane Austen wrote an Isekai litrpg?

Class and Kingdom
Class and Bearing
System and Etiquette
Comportment
Pale Fire

I think for it to be recognizably Jane Austen inspired, you'll have to go with the format of two words that start with the same letter. (Sense & Sensibility, Pride & Prejudice) 

Or base the title off of one of the more well-known quotes of hers. ( It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife. )  "In Want of a [Insert Word Here]"
It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a hot dragon general.

Weavervale Wrote:
JLCohen Wrote:

Class and Kingdom
Class and Bearing
System and Etiquette
Comportment
Pale Fire

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a hot dragon general.

HECK!! YES!!! 

peoapproval

JLCohen Wrote:
Weavervale Wrote:
JLCohen Wrote:

Class and Kingdom
Class and Bearing
System and Etiquette
Comportment
Pale Fire

HECK!! YES!!! 

peoapproval

This is totally on my to-read list, so when my eventual romantic fanfiction comes out(in this vein), I hope you'll enjoy it. JK, but maybe I'm not.

Weavervale Wrote:
JLCohen Wrote:
Weavervale Wrote:
JLCohen Wrote:

Class and Kingdom
Class and Bearing
System and Etiquette
Comportment
Pale Fire

HECK!! YES!!! 

peoapproval

This is totally on my to-read list, so when my eventual romantic fanfiction comes out(in this vein), I hope you'll enjoy it. JK, but maybe I'm not.

Aaw, thanks! I'll definitely keep yours in mind as well! c:

I like Stats and Sensibility best.

Class and Bearing is alright, but 'class' is also used in social class and stuff, which (for the title) seems like a bit much ambiguity; if you want to hook people with the gamelit aspect, making it a touch more obvious might be better. Maybe it would work well if the cover had obvious computer-y stuff on it.

Pride and Progression feels like it should be on a military fic to me. The title is good, but (for me at least) doesn't evoke what you seem to be going for.

System and Sensibility is alright, but keeping the first word the same length - 'sense' and 'stats' are both one syllable - makes the allusion rather stronger in my mind.

So, yeah. 'Stats and Sensibility' is my vote.

Actually, while writing this I came up with another one:

'Sense and Stats Ability'

It's probably worse, given that 'sense' is more ambiguous than 'sensibility' as an allusion, but I kinda like that it keeps half a word more from the original title. :P

JMWebb Wrote: System and Sensibility? 

My top ones are:

System and Sensibility
Pride and Progression
Stats and Sensibility
Class and Bearing

Please let me know which of these people prefer.
In this order:

Pride and progression
Stats and sensibility 
The other two are tied for me

Not_A_Hat Wrote: I like Stats and Sensibility best.

Class and Bearing is alright, but 'class' is also used in social class and stuff, which (for the title) seems like a bit much ambiguity; if you want to hook people with the gamelit aspect, making it a touch more obvious might be better. Maybe it would work well if the cover had obvious computer-y stuff on it.

Pride and Progression feels like it should be on a military fic to me. The title is good, but (for me at least) doesn't evoke what you seem to be going for.

System and Sensibility is alright, but keeping the first word the same length - 'sense' and 'stats' are both one syllable - makes the allusion rather stronger in my mind.

It's probably worse, given that 'sense' is more ambiguous than 'sensibility' as an allusion, but I kinda like that it keeps half a word more from the original title. :P

I will say that class and bearing is intending to bring up both conceptions of class. But it seems that stats and sensibility might be the best option....if I include stats beyond HP and skill levels (I have issues with strength, cha, etc.) :P 

JMWebb Wrote:
Not_A_Hat Wrote: I like Stats and Sensibility best.

I will say that class and bearing is intending to bring up both conceptions of class. But it seems that stats and sensibility might be the best option....if I include stats beyond HP and skill levels (I have issues with strength, cha, etc.) :P

Call it stats and sensibility, but include absolutely zero stats, until it's revealed that the main character is a statistician in the second act.