Cover Help?

I made a handful of covers for my story because I wasn't really happy with my initial design. #2 is the original design (sorry its out of order). #1 and #3 are my new designs. I don't have the artistic talent to make #3 have more perspective than that, unfortunately. There are a couple other variations of these, but I think these ones will be the most successful.

I think I prefer #1, but I posted on Reddit and so far I have two people for #3. I'm hoping to pick the one that catches the eye the most.

Thoughts or opinions?
https%3A%2F%2Fpreview.redd.it%2Fqcv75idi0dr71.pn...4ea1989729https%3A%2F%2Fimg.wattpad.com%2Fcover%2F285064790-512-k275540.jpghttps%3A%2F%2Fpreview.redd.it%2F9g3adcjyzcr71.pn...004db3c274

Re: Cover Help?

From a technical point #2 is the best cover. However, the image and background do not fit the title/theme. #1 and #3 are too plain. My advice would be as follows:
- take background (creepy bamboo forest) from #1
- take the girl from #2 and superimpose a skull over her face so that it looks like bones are shining through
- make the title in red and white with maybe a bit of blood-like splatters dripping down

I like number 1 best, except for the bottom where the edge of the box is invisible; I'd like that to be a bit clearer so it's more obviously a coffin, and not an angled pillar that extends infinitely downwards.

Maybe a gap in the mist that's floating upwards?

Number 2 is nice, but tells me nearly nothing about the story. There's... Someone with long hair in it? Kinda vague. Maybe if it's modified as above posters have said... dunno.

Number 3 is okay, but I'm not a fan of the 3D edges or background. The shapes are perfectly understandable without them; it feels like unnecessary detail, extra noise. Maybe I just like 'flat' designs more.

Not_A_Hat Wrote: I like number 1 best, except for the bottom where the edge of the box is invisible; I'd like that to be a bit clearer so it's more obviously a coffin, and not an angled pillar that extends infinitely downwards.

Maybe a gap in the mist that's floating upwards?

Number 2 is nice, but tells me nearly nothing about the story. There's... Someone with long hair in it? Kinda vague. Maybe if it's modified as above posters have said... dunno.

Number 3 is okay, but I'm not a fan of the 3D edges or background. The shapes are perfectly understandable without them; it feels like unnecessary detail, extra noise. Maybe I just like 'flat' designs more.
Good points, and thanks for the suggestions. Will have to do some tweaking for sure.

SubwayChud Wrote: If I was just going to pick one it would be the third.  I like that the whole coffin is fully visible and the border makes it appear to be inside some ominous hallway, leading to who knows what.  I do like the red text from option 1 better than the yellow.
Thank you, thank you. I was hoping it looked like it was in the ground lol. I'm going to do some editing and hopefully I can come up with something I like.

Ariana Wrote: From a technical point #2 is the best cover. However, the image and background do not fit the title/theme. #1 and #3 are too plain. My advice would be as follows:
- take background (creepy bamboo forest) from #1
- take the girl from #2 and superimpose a skull over her face so that it looks like bones are shining through
- make the title in red and white with maybe a bit of blood-like splatters dripping down

I agree. #2 needs to go. I have to say I've never drawn a 2d skull on a profile before but I'll have to see what it looks like. A good suggestion all the same. Thanks for the feedback :)