Re: Post chapter by chapter VS. Post all at once

daniwoof Wrote: On Wattpad, the recommended posting schedule is one chapter twice a week (e.g. Tues/Fri), and books posted all at once usually lose momentum. 

Is it the same here? And if so, are there recommended days for posting updates?
Once or twice a day is good. That or two to four times a week, you are recommended to post at varying times. Since different zones will attract potential readers.

Edge Wrote:
daniwoof Wrote: On Wattpad, the recommended posting schedule is one chapter twice a week (e.g. Tues/Fri), and books posted all at once usually lose momentum. 

Is it the same here? And if so, are there recommended days for posting updates?
Once or twice a day is good. That or two to four times a week, you are recommended to post at varying times. Since different zones will attract potential readers.
Ah, good to know. Thanks for the fast response!

This depends on what is your aim for the story and how much backlog you have. If you want to monetise your fiction on the platform, then posting every day for the first month and then 3/2 chapters per week [good depending upon your chapter length] would be a good start. If you just want your story to be seen, then posting a single chapter a week would be fine as well.
Also, if your chapters are wordy with a slow plot [for example, just 3 days have passed in the initial 8-10 chapters] then daily upload would be recommended. On the other hand, if your chapters are large [5k-6k words] with great plot development in each chapter, you can upload once a week.

When I first ventured onto the Royal Road, I spent a week posting all 52 chapters of THE BLACKGLOOM BOUNTY - average length around 2500 words per chapter. Initial response was hefty - to the tune of about 2000 reads in the first couple of weeks. After that, the 'views' dropped off to about 50 or so a week. As a case study, that would indicate you should spread out your chapters to get the broadest exposure, keeping in mind that chapter lengths probably are a factor in getting continued views. Forum participation (in my experience) can also be a factor and I suspect being active here would benefit far more from weekly postings than with an all-at-once approach. Then there's the 'genre factor' as well. That one I still have not figured out. Good luck, whatever you decide.......

https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FqZhES6k.jpg

Ankur_93 Wrote: This depends on what is your aim for the story and how much backlog you have. If you want to monetise your fiction on the platform, then posting every day for the first month and then 3/2 chapters per week [good depending upon your chapter length] would be a good start. If you just want your story to be seen, then posting a single chapter a week would be fine as well.
Also, if your chapters are wordy with a slow plot [for example, just 3 days have passed in the initial 8-10 chapters] then daily upload would be recommended. On the other hand, if your chapters are large [5k-6k words] with great plot development in each chapter, you can upload once a week.
My chapters are usually 3-4k, but there are only 37 chapters so I'd run out of content fast. I'm not really looking to monetize right now, so I think I'll try to set a goal for getting seen. Thank you very much! :) This is insightful.

Jon Wrote: When I first ventured onto the Royal Road, I spent a week posting all 52 chapters of THE BLACKGLOOM BOUNTY - average length around 2500 words per chapter. Initial response was hefty - to the tune of about 2000 reads in the first couple of weeks. After that, the 'views' dropped off to about 50 or so a week. As a case study, that would indicate you should spread out your chapters to get the broadest exposure, keeping in mind that chapter lengths probably are a factor in getting continued views. Forum participation (in my experience) can also be a factor and I suspect being active here would benefit far more from weekly postings than with an all-at-once approach. Then there's the 'genre factor' as well. That one I still have not figured out. Good luck, whatever you decide.......

https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FqZhES6k.jpg
I appreciate the tip lol. I'm sorry you had to learn it the hard way. Are your chapters on the shorter side or longer side? Mine average around 3-4k words. And that's been another concern of mine. Is 4k too long for a chapter or is it average? Or worse, is it too short?