Hey der *wave*

Hey, I'm Dani. I started writing the cringiest fan-fiction on Quizilla (before Nickelodeon) when I was nine or so. I'm now 27 and I write my own fiction. I'm a huge fan of Paranormal and Mystery, but I'll generally read anything that's well-written. I am not an expert at writing, but I have the passion and determination needed to see it through. I like to consider myself an eternal student of the craft, and I'm always looking for feedback and tips.

The most important thing, though, is that I support the Oxford Comma. 

DrakanBook

Re: Hey der *wave*

eric_river Wrote:
You're welcome here, you're awesome, and your punctuation's great
more people should come to terms soon with their oxford fate
i'm sure you'll enjoy it here, the royal road's the best
and we're always happy to welcome a fine young guest!
DrakanWine
Thanks for welcoming me.
Even better, it's in rhyme.
I suppose we'll have to wait and see,
if I don't annoy you all the time!

(forgive my poor rhyming, it's all I have for you)
Jokes aside, I'm sure I'll like it here. Thank you for the warm welcome.

father Wrote: Ah! A fellow enjoyer of the Oxford Comma, I see! For the longest while, I was wondering if such thing was useless and redundant, but I'm glad to see that someone else uses it.

That being said, welcome to Royal Road. Enjoy your stay, good sir!
The necessity of the Oxford Comma is the hill I'll die on.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

ArDeeBurger Wrote: Hello, and welcome to the Royal Road. I'm sure you and all your commas will have a fun time here.

They can hang out with my commas, as I use them all over. It's like a disease.

Or perhaps a beauty mark. I can't really tell which. 😸
Yes, our commas can definitely mingle. And I mean, the Oxford Comma is certainly beautiful enough to be called a beauty mark. DrakanLaugh

Welcome! I think that everyone who writes, even with years of experience, is still learning. Even if it's just style and stuff.

Also is the Oxford Comma the one that comes at the end of a list? Eg "Apples, Oranges, and Pears" the Oxford Comma is the one before the "and"? Because I never use that because it feels unnecessary. 😅 Though, each to their own and in my opinion nitpicky grammatical rules like that don't matter too much so long as the writer is consistent.

Here's some RR tips & tricks; https://www.royalroad.com/forums/thread/111469

I hope you enjoy RR and your fictions find an audience.

Welcome to Royal Road. I think you'll find this a good place to share your work and grow as a writer. To help people find your work you should include a link to it in your signature. Cinn's guide tells how to do that. Also being active in the Forums and commenting on stories you read are great ways to interact with the community. I hope you enjoy your time here and that many people get to experience your writing. Good luck.

Welcome, welcome! We're so glad to have you! I, for one, support anyone who is a fellow comma enthusiast. The more, the better (occasionally to my detriment...).

Remember to edit your signature to include your current and/or future fictions! It's a great way to get your fellow forum-goers to see your fic and catch someone's eye!

Cinn Wrote: Welcome! I think that everyone who writes, even with years of experience, is still learning. Even if it's just style and stuff.

Also is the Oxford Comma the one that comes at the end of a list? Eg "Apples, Oranges, and Pears" the Oxford Comma is the one before the "and"? Because I never use that because it feels unnecessary. 😅 Though, each to their own and in my opinion nitpicky grammatical rules like that don't matter too much so long as the writer is consistent.

Here's some RR tips & tricks; https://www.royalroad.com/forums/thread/111469

I hope you enjoy RR and your fictions find an audience.
Exactly! The Oxford comma is the comma in the list before and. To each their own is exactly right lol. I won't judge you for not using it.

Thanks so much for the link, I 'll have to give that a good read.

parkertallan Wrote: Welcome to Royal Road. I think you'll find this a good place to share your work and grow as a writer. To help people find your work you should include a link to it in your signature. Cinn's guide tells how to do that. Also being active in the Forums and commenting on stories you read are great ways to interact with the community. I hope you enjoy your time here and that many people get to experience your writing. Good luck.
Oh, thank you. That's a big tip!

MarcieTheVillain Wrote: Welcome, welcome! We're so glad to have you! I, for one, support anyone who is a fellow comma enthusiast. The more, the better (occasionally to my detriment...).

Remember to edit your signature to include your current and/or future fictions! It's a great way to get your fellow forum-goers to see your fic and catch someone's eye!
I like to have an excess in commas, myself. ;P

Thanks for the warm welcome and the tip! I'll get to it as soon as I nail down a cover I like. DrakanSigh

1moreindakitchen Wrote: Welcome to RR!

As a foreigner, I do have a strange relationship with commas, but Grammarly seems to force those Oxford commas on me all the time. Nice to know what they are called now. 😄

Have fun and enjoy your time at RR!
Lol. I don't have an excuse for my comma relationship. Just a nutcase. It's also referred to as a Serial comma, if you ever hear that floating around.

Thanks for the warm welcome :)