Hi everyone

My terribly lame and boring thread naming sense aside, I'm glad that you took the time to click on this thread.

After hiding for the longest time, I finally decided to come out and say hello to everyone who visits this forum. Because everyone here looks friendly enough (I hope).

This is probably my second time ever using a forum, and definitely my first time creating a thread to introduce myself. Please treat me well. I am terribly anxious, and typing this out gave my fingers some terrible chills.

I am just a person who happened to try my hand at writing. And I created this account long ago for the sake of memes which I took too far. But then I decided to try writing something, and here I am, trying to introduce myself.

That's all. Nice to meet everyone again. I truly hope we'll all get along.

Even to the people who level up Dexterity. I don't mean what I wrote in my profile bio. You guys are probably really cool. Let's be friends, if you'd like.

Re: Hi everyone

A belated welcome to Royal Road. No need to be nervous. Those of us who inhabit the Forums are mostly harmless. However, just be careful of falling ducks.

Also welcome to your writing adventure. May it prove fruitful and enjoyable. Don't be a stranger to the Forums. Lots of great discussions and a good place to get any questions you have answered. 

Cinn, the mistress of wisdom, shall be along shortly to bestow upon you the fount of knowledge. Drink deeply and all will go well with you. Good luck.

eric_river Wrote:
you picked the perfect forum to establish your writing
i prefer a good speed stat and avoid most fighting
welcome to the forum, we're all friendly, weird, and nice
ask us if you need some inspiration or advice 
DrakanWine

Oh my, it's an honor to finally speak with you, mister poet sir. I've seen you around a lot, and I've always found it inspiring that you always speak in poems, and make sure to rhyme your words while still making them reasonable.

For this, I will try my hand at writing a short poem for you.

Mister eric_river, he truly is a bringer,
of quality poems, and prose he delivers.
It truly is a feat, to write in rhymes you see.
And it will make me happy, to see you succeed.

parkertallan Wrote: A belated welcome to Royal Road. No need to be nervous. Those of us who inhabit the Forums are mostly harmless. However, just be careful of falling ducks.

Also welcome to your writing adventure. May it prove fruitful and enjoyable. Don't be a stranger to the Forums. Lots of great discussions and a good place to get any questions you have answered. 

Cinn, the mistress of wisdom, shall be along shortly to bestow upon you the fount of knowledge. Drink deeply and all will go well with you. Good luck.

I wonder how many times I'll be able to say thank you before I find it tilting to myself... But that's why we have synonyms and different ways to phrase gratitude, do we not? Just kidding. 

Thanks for taking your time to reply to me. And maybe you're right, and maybe I've just been thinking that this site is full of elitists and whatnot because it's a site that's literally called RoyalRoad. Good luck to your future endeavors again, and thanks to Mistress Cinn for offering their sharing knowledge to me.

Welcome! (to the forums) We're mostly friendly, though you'll find the occasional chaos thread but just grab some popcorn and sit back.

But seriously, most people on the forums are friendly and helpful and if you have questions or just want to chat, find an appropriate thread or create one and people will pop in.

Here's some RR tips & tricks; https://www.royalroad.com/forums/thread/111469
(I don't know why but "Mistress Cinn" feels like I have some kind of authority/power... 😅)

I hope you continue to enjoy RR and your fiction finds an audience.

Cinn Wrote: Welcome! (to the forums) We're mostly friendly, though you'll find the occasional chaos thread but just grab some popcorn and sit back.

But seriously, most people on the forums are friendly and helpful and if you have questions or just want to chat, find an appropriate thread or create one and people will pop in.

Here's some RR tips & tricks; https://www.royalroad.com/forums/thread/111469
(I don't know why but "Mistress Cinn" feels like I have some kind of authority/power... 😅)

I hope you continue to enjoy RR and your fiction finds an audience.
Indeed. Mistress Cinn really did decide to give me some of her knowledge. Thanks a lot, as I casually browse through your guide thread! 
TwistedCelestial Wrote: Welcome to RR! Hope you have a great time!
Sakinah Wrote: Welcome to the forum and well done for typing through the anxiety 👏. 

You deserve a star ⭐

Thank you all. I also seemed to have figured out how to reply to multiple people in one post!