Re: The Trash Race Contestants...

HereBeTreasure Wrote:
Benjamin Wrote: Hey guys. I've been going over my analytics and, well. I'm not doing so well.
I get an average of about 12-20 views for each chapter, I would like it to be more. Any ideas for Advertisments ?
title, cover, content, release rate all have to be in harmony for a strong readership

you should definitely read webnovel's author's guide here to understand writing a hit webnovel https://www.webnovel.com/book/book-of-authors_10589139205070105
Ew. Webnovel

Benjamin Wrote:
HereBeTreasure Wrote:
Benjamin Wrote: Hey guys. I've been going over my analytics and, well. I'm not doing so well.
I get an average of about 12-20 views for each chapter, I would like it to be more. Any ideas for Advertisments ?
title, cover, content, release rate all have to be in harmony for a strong readership

you should definitely read webnovel's author's guide here to understand writing a hit webnovel https://www.webnovel.com/book/book-of-authors_10589139205070105
Thanks, I slipped up a bit on my release schedule and it really screwed me. Any clues on how to make it up?

Also, I feel Like my signature didn't update. It's not displaying the photo I picked for my story. Hmmm 
Either Way I still got things to do. So long for now
There's a disharmony between the title and cover already upon first glance, as a reader you can't tell what the story is about between cover and title. A snake inside a trash bin would convey that the MC is a snake and that they live inside trash, whereas a trashcan or some other visual cue about garbage would indicate that it's a "play on words" story where it's not only a 'garbage isekai' in terms of 'garbage fast-food writing', but also a story literally about garbage

Your story's ratings and follower/amount of posts ratio are kind of the first sets of alarms that there's a viability issue with the content, so I'd recommend not sweating title and cover too much right now and just read that guide to better understand how to write an enticing and successful webnovel 

DrBuller Wrote:
HereBeTreasure Wrote:

Ew. Webnovel
What makes the site bad is exactly what makes the guide good

Alright, thanks, guys. I'll start there. The cover will be a Start, but I do think I will need more Chapters before I start seeing improvements. 
But there are problems in the writing that I have noticed that don't mesh well together. So those will also be addressed as well. 

Namely The Hax and The Relatability.
Got some work to do ahead of me. Mostly worm gangbanging and some patch up work 

Bad News, I did more digging, and I found something

I've put my story on Hiatus, it will stay there for a week or two. and then I'll have to basically rewrite the whole thing. 
I'll be returning to the original concept that I put down in the first four chapters and then lay the new grounds from there. 

This may take some time to pull off, don't pull me out yet, but please be willing to give me another chance should I need it. 
 I got some major problems that need fixing, mostly Harmonies, and Verisimilitude. But I now see the solution. 

Also, no one answered the poll I left, so yeah. I'm taking that as a sign to basically start over. 

Mai Wrote:
spiceagent11 Wrote: Makin a "fast food" story. Either very tropey, cliched, or trash-tier, or meme-like. Focus not on quality or complicated plots, but on just messing around and having fun. And trying to farm followers with our generic.
Congrats, folks! We made it big enough to get a bot hanging around us!

in other words, don't click up on that there post ya'll.. Also since I'm getting ready to wrap volume one of fish on a stick, if any of youse guys in the trach contest want to shout it out, feel free. If I get enough interest I'll roll right into volume number two but... yeah

Hey guys, Taking some Downtime soon. so I'm going to put Garbage Isekai On Hiatus for a few days while I take a vacation. Nine Circles is a different Beast so I might be able to get the next chapter done and released automatically while I'm away.

Feel free to review my work while I'm away.  I could use some input on how to take this story to the next level, or just writing better trash in general.

Just letting all ya'll know now so you don't come looking for me when the next chapter doesn't come out. I know youre the only folks reading it.
Leave suggestions and comments, I beg you. It does really help me and I'm starving for advice.