Re: Guilty Pleasure Tropes?

MarcieTheVillain Wrote: Enemies to lovers, 1000%. I can never get enough of two hot-blooded enemies coming together for hot-blooded passion, especially if it's angsty and bitter and really requires both of them to compromise and acknowledge their desire as a team.
Same here. Absolute best guilty pleasure trope that we love to read, but we'd never write.

Vivian Wrote:
MarcieTheVillain Wrote: Enemies to lovers, 1000%. I can never get enough of two hot-blooded enemies coming together for hot-blooded passion, especially if it's angsty and bitter and really requires both of them to compromise and acknowledge their desire as a team.
Same here. Absolute best guilty pleasure trope that we love to read, but we'd never write.

Speak for yourself! I'm writing a romance and by god do I plan to splash some angst in there!

MarcieTheVillain Wrote:
Vivian Wrote:

Speak for yourself! I'm writing a romance and by god do I plan to splash some angst in there!
We are, but we can see the confusion. Sorry.

And in that case when we catch up on the stories we're review swapping with, then we'll keep your story in the back of our head for when we're free to read it.

Vivian Wrote:
MarcieTheVillain Wrote:
Vivian Wrote:

We are, but we can see the confusion. Sorry.

And in that case when we catch up on the stories we're review swapping with, then we'll keep your story in the back of our head for when we're free to read it.

I would, of course, appreciate that very much.  peolove

I love the trope of two people with opposite personalities or opposing sides falling in love with each other. This means that I can never get tired of the cold person falling head over heels for the happy-go-lucky person. Moreover, there is also a villain falling for the good-hearted protagonist and trying to change for the better or eventually changing sides.