Dividing the Best Rated

So, this idea came to me while reading the post of MelasD.

What came to mind is, why not divide the Best Rated categry on the main page?

We could have an "All time best" and an "Ongoing best". Putting all those not marked as ongoing in the first one.

Maybe put them side by side on the page.

It would be good I think.

Re: Dividing the Best Rated

Ararara Wrote: Could work. But could also end up hurting Completed novels more, if they were seperated away from the "Hot" stuff.

Well, I think that for completed novels that aren't getting much visibility there won't be any difference. And those that still get a lot, like Mother of Learning or Super Minion, will still get a lot.

It would just be the new ongoing ones that gets to gain something.

Upon actually reading MelasD's thread carefully and looking at the frontpage (which I virtually never go to oops) I now see what we're talking about! Thanks for correcting me, Ararara I also agree that there would be room to show complete and ongoing side by side, and that would allow more unique fictions on the page, so I do like you added suggestion, Fastus :)

kanadaj Wrote: Here is my 5 cents: We already have genre filters on the list page. The front page is noisy enough as it is already, this wouldn't be a good use of either the space or the development time.

Sorry, but... what? They aren't side by side but this is what I was talking about. You already did it. 
https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FheTsezP.jpg

Fastus Wrote:
kanadaj Wrote: Here is my 5 cents: We already have genre filters on the list page. The front page is noisy enough as it is already, this wouldn't be a good use of either the space or the development time.

Sorry, but... what? They aren't side by side but this is what I was talking about. You already did it. 
https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FheTsezP.jpg
Ah my bad. There were also some talks in the other thread about splitting up the list further into genres, which my answer was for.

Fastus Wrote: So, this idea came to me while reading the post of MelasD.

What came to mind is, why not divide the Best Rated categry on the main page?

We could have an "All time best" and an "Ongoing best". Putting all those not marked as ongoing in the first one.

Maybe put them side by side on the page.

It would be good I think.
Another excellent idea, I believe. I like it, thanks mate :)