Hi everyone, any clues about how to make the light element more destructive?

I usually hate the trope that light element is good, gentle, or whatever it is (I know it's what the light element is supposed to be but it's beginning to piss me off, how soft this element usually is), 
Usually, it's always the good and nice guys who inherit the light element, but never a true asshole or madman, usually in fiction, if a character has the light element as power, when he turns evil his light power always turns into dark power for whatever reason. 
I'm done with the classic light = friendly to the living being.

So I thought about creating a character in my novel which represents light in its most primitive and destructive form.
DrakanThinking The problem is that I have no idea what kind of rampage he might cause in my novel. 
For example, causing blindness to any living being is around him, Destroying an entire country's agriculture by messing up with the crops photosynthesis? 

I know it's already very obvious but I must precise that my novel is a fantasy.

Re: Hi everyone, any clues about how to make the light element more destructive?

OrenonawaSteevie Wrote: I usually hate the trope that light element is good, gentle, or whatever it is (I know it's what the light element is supposed to be but it's beginning to piss me off, how soft this element usually is), 
Usually, it's always the good and nice guys who inherit the light element, but never a true asshole or madman, usually in fiction, if a character has the light element as power, when he turns evil his light power always turns into dark power for whatever reason. 

So I thought about creating a character in my novel which represents light in its most primitive and destructive form.
DrakanThinking The problem is that I have no idea what kind of rampage he might cause in my novel. 
For example, causing blindness to any living being is around him, Destroying an entire country's agriculture by messing up with the crops photosynthesis? 

One word: LASER.

Re: Hi everyone, any clues about how to make the light element more destructive?

I mean, if he can control light and wants to mess with people, he could always mess with their sleep? Screw up the patterns of night and day, have it inconsistent as hell or just constantly light for a while then suddenly nothing? For people who are used to patterns like that it might not be too bad but for those who aren't/are more sensitive to light, it could really mess with them?

Avitue Wrote: Destroying an entire country's agriculture by messing up with the crops photosynthesis?

Or why not have him arguing that light is an honour so if someone or a country wants it to be able to do something like grow plants, they must earn it however he sees fit. They could become quite the tyrant. 

Sake Wrote: dunno what fiction you read or played, in every video game light element has abilities like light rays and smite, and usually very good against demons and or undead
DrakanSigh I usually play Fromsoft game and everyone know how weak light is in all their game (It's usually tied with healing magic).

Sadly there are no demons or undead to slaughter in my novel, only humans. 

In my fictions at least, the element of light is associated with Destruction.  I had it so that it took on almost antimatter-like properties, annihilating anything it comes into contact with.  

If you think about it, the element of light is typically associated with the sun, which can be plenty destructive in of itself.  Solar flares and red giants are capable of destroying entire planets, so perhaps you could integrate that into your fictions?

Lasers are always fun, too.

OrenonawaSteevie Wrote: I usually hate the trope that light element is good, gentle, or whatever it is (I know it's what the light element is supposed to be but it's beginning to piss me off, how soft this element usually is), 

Hey OrenonawaSteevie!

Here's the ways I can think of

1st=> Solar Radiation
2nd=> Radiance element spell (See Beneath The Dragoneye Moons)
3rd=>(Light=Heat) + Air + Wood= Forest Fire

These are what are most destructive ones I can think of

!MATH WARNING!
A lot of good answers here already. I wanna specifically mention Ar'Kendrithyst.
In the later parts of the story, the MC uses light as a pretty strong weapon.

Given this example, I would lean out of the window and say that light is possibly the strongest of the typical elements. This comes from focusing a whole lot of energy into really small spaces.

As someone else already mentioned if you can create a laser that can blind you in an instance with magic. Comparing the physical Force required to lift a 1 kg item over one meter is usually not very energy expansive in novels. With the same power, a laser can blind someone, depending on the focus.

So if you magically create a laser with a 1 mm diameter that outputs 1W that is equal to 3*10^5 W/m^2 which is a whole lot (Sun = ~10^3W/m^2  on a sunny day).
I can't really tell you how damaging that would be, but I would imagine very damaging, at least very blinding.

If you go an order higher or reduce beam diameter further this could be a laser cutter without any issues.

Haust Wrote: Oh, madness is always a fun theme.

Yeah, I was going to mention Sunless Skies clockwork sun and the accompanying madness. If you want 'light' to be a dangerous and corrosive force, reading up on that lore might be a good choice.

It slowly turns anyone who ventures too close to crystal, leaving them blank - eyed and muttering 'thesunthesunthesunthe...'

And given the reality of radiation, it's not a wholly incorrect motif, either.