Re: What's Your Marketing Strategy?

MarcieTheVillain Wrote: Pretty much what you listed, though I am in a lot of other social networks that I toss lines out to (discord channels for original content, I’m starting a Twitter, posting on some content sharing sites, etc). I feel like if I put myself out there and make myself approachable and recognizable, more people will be apt to give my story a look. You are your own best PR!

I can never quite get into discord. I've tried.

Asviloka Wrote: Marketing? Strategy? Hahahahah... nope.

I post on the forums and try to be a helpful and positive presence, and sometimes I remember to turn my signature on. Every now and then, I'll happen to see the monthly promo post and drop my story in there. Apart from those... I'm really shy about self-promotion, it hurts my soul to try to shove my stories in people's faces. I do try to overcome this weakness, but my success is questionable.
peoblush

But, hey, while we're on the subject of promotion, I do have a new quasi-xianxia story I'm writing! It's got a time loop too! The Unstoppable Ascension of Zu Mari, check it out!

All we can do is our best with the options given to us.

bulgariansumo Wrote: Marketing strategy? What marketing strategy?

In all seriousness, posting on the forums any chance I can get is my strategy, especially in threads where writing can be shared. Having an extensive backlog for my work also really helps, but I might be coming up on the end of that soon.

Other than that... On my art-based accounts, whenever I post art related to one of my stories, I link to it, though I've yet to advertise my RoyalRoad account, just my Wattpad one. I should probably start doing that. I also tend to advertise new chapters on those accounts when I can.

Very smart~! I try to do the same with my own art.

D-S-Nate Wrote: Strategy... yeah. I'm totally using one of those. >.>

jokes aside this hadn't been in my focus until recently so right now it's rather simple stuff. Just interact with others since I hardly did any of that. I have plans to pick up my podcast thing I was doing with other writers where anyone can ask questions and we discuss them but need to get the ball rolling on it once more.
A podcast sounds interesting!

JLCohen Wrote:
MarcieTheVillain Wrote: Pretty much what you listed, though I am in a lot of other social networks that I toss lines out to (discord channels for original content, I’m starting a Twitter, posting on some content sharing sites, etc). I feel like if I put myself out there and make myself approachable and recognizable, more people will be apt to give my story a look. You are your own best PR!

I can never quite get into discord. I've tried.

I literally met one of my heroes there and I use it for both of my writing groups. I'm seriously considering dropping facebook and just doing discord.

D-S-Nate Wrote: Strategy... yeah. I'm totally using one of those. >.>

jokes aside this hadn't been in my focus until recently so right now it's rather simple stuff. Just interact with others since I hardly did any of that. I have plans to pick up my podcast thing I was doing with other writers where anyone can ask questions and we discuss them but need to get the ball rolling on it once more.

I was thinking of doing a podcast with my stuff and then advertising my other services there(editing, personal training, etc)

I post chapter updates on Twitter and Instagram, and network with people on those sites too  PeoloveU

Since my novel is based on a card game, I can network with game publishers  DrakanGlasses
Since my novel has art, I can network with artists  DrakanGlasses
Since my novel has words, I can network with people who also have novels.....with WORDS in them DrakanGlasses
Project Triangle Strategy (DO NOT STEAL this title)  DrakanGlasses

Lol but seriously, social media in moderation is a great and easy way to get the word out  peolove

Triple Wrote: I post chapter updates on Twitter and Instagram, and network with people on those sites too  PeoloveU

Since my novel is based on a card game, I can network with game publishers  DrakanGlasses
Since my novel has art, I can network with artists  DrakanGlasses
Since my novel has words, I can network with people who also have novels.....with WORDS in them DrakanGlasses
Project Triangle Strategy (DO NOT STEAL this title)  DrakanGlasses

Lol but seriously, social media in moderation is a great and easy way to get the word out  peolove

Yo, I ABSOLUTELY ADORE your cover art.