A little feedback on advitising.

Just like most of you guys, I'm a writer. And also like you guys changing hats from creating to marketing is not an easy one so I need a little help. 

Nothing crazy, just look at the cover and blurb and give me your honest take whether it's long or short. 

You are welcome to read the first chapter of the story if you wish (it has been recently tweaked). If you do read and give feedback on the first chapter then I'll be sure to return the courtesy.  

But honestly, any feedback at all on your first impressions big or small will be really helpful.

Re: A little feedback on advitising.

Jayrayme6 Wrote: Nice cover picture though. Mine makes sense but it's not the most original, 

I'd like to get one better eventually but I don't know who to hire.
I know a few artists who I could help. Including one who drew this (he good and he's improved since drawing that)

Have you got discord? 

TwistedCelestialYou should remove the indents from your synopses. It looks weird with them there. Your cover looks good but like Ankur_93 said the title could be hard to read for some people since it blends in. Besides that, it seems fine.

Thanks 

A little bit of echo from me, but here are my suggestions based on what I can see:
Cover Image:
  • Lighten the text of your title and author name in the cover image, they're hard to see.
  • Move the author name closer to the bottom of the image so it's not blocking the image as much and makes use of the border better.
  • Make the image in your signature a linked image, so people can just click on the image rather than the smaller text. 
  • Try and fiddle around with the signature so that there is no scroll wheel and less space between the text and image. The coding for the signature is also kind of whack, it often resizes the image without thinking about the ratio, yours is a bit squished so look at different sizing to make the ratio correct.
Blurb / Synopsis: 
  • Your blurb is a bit long for the more common style I see in RR, up to you if you want to resize it a bit.
  • You should add in a release schedule at the bottom of your blurb, since most others do it, to let readers know if you have a schedule and what days to log in to read more.
  • I'd remove the indents you have in the blurb, but that is more of a personal opinion, unsure on the general consensus if people would care enough to have that put them off.
  • The wording of your blurb reads a bit awkwardly, though I am not an amazing writer when it comes to those. You can make a separate thread in Writing: Tips & Discussion for help, a few reoccurring mega-threads are in there for you to put up your story too but it might take some time till yours is seen too.

*Looks at the cover*

Looks like the girl from "I reincarnated as a stick" also looks like Saya from "Saya no uta".

Title: quirky af

Blurb: foreshadows possibly a very interesting story, but I am kinda taken aback by average American names like "Andrew" superposed next to Japanese themed name like "Sorataki". 

Looking at reviews: I see people shitting on style and grammar after reading just two chapters. So I ignore this.

First of all, no one should ever write a review after just reading 2 or 5 chapters, unless it's a short story or one shot of course. 
Secondly, style and grammar don't matter to me when I look at reviews I want to learn more about the story than the blurb provides, of course, you can't say anything after 2 chapters. 

Overall: might read at some point in the future

Sake Wrote: *Looks at the cover*

Looks like the girl from "I reincarnated as a stick" also looks like Saya from "Saya no uta".

Title: quirky af

Blurb: foreshadows possibly a very interesting story, but I am kinda taken aback by average American names like "Andrew" superposed next to Japanese themed name like "Sorataki". 

Looking at reviews: I see people shitting on style and grammar after reading just two chapters. So I ignore this.

First of all, no one should ever write a review after just reading 2 or 5 chapters, unless it's a short story or one shot of course. 
Secondly, style and grammar don't matter to me when I look at reviews I want to learn more about the story than the blurb provides, of course, you can't say anything after 2 chapters. 

Overall: might read at some point in the future

Character: A very observant take and very valid points made. Natalie's design has been undertaken by a number of artists but I'll be the first to admit she is the most unique-looking character. The best way that I describe her vibe is she meant to be like the Riden shogun if she was a bit younger and unsure of herself. (if you played genshin). Or Homura from Madoka magica. 

Blurb: It's kinda cool that you mentioned this Surprised

When I began this story I was very heavily inspired by anime and had made a lot of regional characters with loos inspiration from friends and family IRL. I sucked at names so I just grabbed what ones I could find. It was not until a time that I became more intentional with my names but by then I had written a world reason why English names are mixed into a story that is anime/japan inspired. Without giving too much away this is set in a distant future where man has recovered from an event that almost killed them. As such technological advances, we have now we're lost and only the people that remained had a real sway in how things worked. With most of the world knowing English (and it being my native tongue) Only a related form of that really survived our time, that and one other inspired language. the rest of the languages are known just like ancient greek is known including Japanese. I'll admit that this was not all planned out as such. At first, I just wanted to make a compelling story. but as I asked myself logical questions about the world I was making it's how things panned out.

Looking at reviews: I think most of them are fair in their own take considering how much they have read. Spelling is not my strong suit and although I get better at it I can't deny it's not there. I have also recently changed the prologue to better fit the pov style I'm now working with. Before now I was registering on changing it to match the other chapters but the reviews helped me amend that which I think is for the better. I do agree with you on only reading enough before making a judgment call but I understand and respect their take on things.

Sorry if this seems like rambles. You brought up some very well-observed points and I got a bit excited since It's been things I thought of but I don't think anyone made a direct note of them. Also for me at least whenever I observe something I get really interested in how the sausage is made so to speak so I hope at the very least to scratch that itch if you had one.

Thanks for the feedback honestly had me smiling and nodding lol