Games

Well, it's been a good while since I've been here and now I'm faced with another bout of free time. Do tell me, what sort of games do you play and like?

For me, I love to play strategy games. Games like Arknight's, Defence Grid, Rimworld (Actually placing your colonists in spots for better defences and not a straight off kill box) homeworld and the likes are games I've played that I've liked, even if some of them punishes you severely for some mistakes.

Re: Games

Exploration/sandbox games are fun. Skyrim really sucked in a lot of ways, and yet it still reigns completely uncontested in its genre.. I have my hopes up for the Gothic remake if nothing else. 

... except by Skyrim mods, really. It's just odd to me that a game can sell so well and basically have no spiritual successors. Look at all the clones Darksouls got... 

Zearth Wrote: Well, it's been a good while since I've been here and now I'm faced with another bout of free time. Do tell me, what sort of games do you play and like?

For me, I love to play strategy games. Games like Arknight's, Defence Grid, Rimworld (Actually placing your colonists in spots for better defences and not a straight off kill box) homeworld and the likes are games I've played that I've liked, even if some of them punishes you severely for some mistakes.
I can play a wide portion of games, though it all depends on the quality of it. Lately, I have been avoiding more of the larger companies, since their games have really fallen in quality.

I more or less look to smaller developers. They may not have the same type of resources, but what they put out no doubt deserves the price for it. I have gotten burnt out on paying for games $49 to $60, just to be massively disappointed. On the other hand, smaller developers that charge $11 to $39. I almost never get disappointed. 

Action, adventure, rpg, strategy, etc. Doesn’t really matter, so long as I am getting a proper experience. 

I'm sucker for "character action" and "character action-lite" type games. Devil May Cry, Bayonetta, Metal Gear Rising, Kingdom Hearts 2, etc. though I like any series where the controls are responsive (my overall favorite series is Ys).
Right now I'm actually waiting for the new Melty Blood to come out. I bought Tales of Arise to help temper the wait, but much like the other games in the series I'm not enjoying it terribly much.