Re: That one word you swear should be spelled differently.

Circumstance

This word is so annoying!

For some reason, I managed to spell it right the first time. Because I don't. I just remembered this dumb word has a "u" in it. And mind doesn't want to the "u" to be there. It's wants an "a" believes there is an "a" until I see the red squiggle underneath and I have to tilt my head to figure out why it is spelled wrong. Maybe because the "u" looks wrong.

Whick/which/whitch

Stupid H thrown at random for no reason, it's not like it has a constant sound in English. 

Bureaucracy. Burocracy. / Beaurocracy

Sometimes the English language simplifies, sometimes it tries to be intercontinental and keeps the whole French root, that has basically no other application. "bureau". 

Mostly it's the damn H and similar words with a letter switched. I still have to think if it's EARTH or heart, word/world. 

I learned MANATEE years ago and I still struggle with these damn words. 

Spelling most words are easy for me but saying out some words are hard. I don’t know why, but I just can’t say here. It’s too difficult as there isn’t a word that’s spelled like here in my language which we use often. In my school, I used to be the odd one out by saying present when the teacher was taking attendance while others just said here. The way the r is said silently but not silently at the same time. It messes me up. English is such a complicated language, with all its accents and different forms.

Recommended

I have typed this as reccomended far too many times by now. I'm aware of the correct spelling, and have been for a long time, yet somehow my brain had refused to accept the double M's instead of the double C's untill very recently.

There's also necessary, which I typed as neccessary.

And Business, which again, I typed as bussiness. I think I have a problem with repeating letters in general.

Oh boy, this thread is a wormhole. I agree with so many of the ones already mentioned!
The English language is awesome and sucks in equal measure. 
There are about a gazillion words I think never look write until I physically write them on paper. (And even then, I'm like, Uhm, No... Maybe you just shouldn't be a word.)
I find that mostly the issue lies in the fact that none of them look how they sound.

Squirrel, Choir, Sea anemone, Colonel, Pharaoh.

Also, does anyone else think words written in all caps sometimes don't look like the words they're meant to be?
Oh and the more you say a word the less is sounds like a word and just gobbledegook.

Verba Wrote: Oh boy, this thread is a wormhole. I agree with so many of the ones already mentioned!
The English language is awesome and sucks in equal measure. 
There are about a gazillion words I think never look write until I physically write them on paper. (And even then, I'm like, Uhm, No... Maybe you just shouldn't be a word.)
I find that mostly the issue lies in the fact that none of them look how they sound.

Squirrel, Choir, Sea anemone, Colonel, Pharaoh.

Also, does anyone else think words written in all caps sometimes don't look like the words they're meant to be?
Oh and the more you say a word the less is sounds like a word and just gobbledegook.
i agree with everything that you just said, my friend
by the way, 'gobbledegook' was well placed at the end xD