Re: What book or story inspires your writing the most?

Tamora Pierce - Tortall Books
Diana Wynne Jones - Howl's Moving Castle
Red Rising - Brandon Sanderson
Ender's Game - Orson Scott Card (screw this dude tho)
Final Fantasy VII (I will die on this hill)
The Fire Nation in ATLA
Nirfana in Fire (cdrama)
MXTX novels/cdramas (tho SVSSS not so much)
BBC Merlin
Hannibal (tv show)

like dear sweet lord all my faves of COURSE influence and inspire my writing! and stories come in so many formats!!

For me, it's always been the inability to find something that I wanted to read. I'm still that middle school girl who stood in her school library and proclaimed, "Fine, I'll just write it."

Certainly there are writers I like and books that have influenced me at one point or another. However, for on going inspiration, no. Inspiration to me are thing needed for moments in times. Not things for the long term and not things that hold for ever story I write. Every story I write is pretty much a time capsule or where my creative mind was at during a certain time period. My tastes change, my writing abilities change, where and what I want to explore changes. That also means what I get inspired by.

I haven't seen anyone mention this, but 'THE STORMLIGHT ARCHIVES,' by Brandon Sanderson is my entire reason for starting fantasy. There was something about the series I immodestly liked, even when it later incorporated romance, which was a no-go for me. I was very much into horror and thriller, then decided to give it a rest for my own sanity. I'm not that far in the series but I hope to write half as good as that man.  DrakanSigh

L.J.Anders Wrote: For me, it's always been the inability to find something that I wanted to read. I'm still that middle school girl who stood in her school library and proclaimed, "Fine, I'll just write it."

Certainly there are writers I like and books that have influenced me at one point or another. However, for on going inspiration, no. Inspiration to me are thing needed for moments in times. Not things for the long term and not things that hold for ever story I write. Every story I write is pretty much a time capsule or where my creative mind was at during a certain time period. My tastes change, my writing abilities change, where and what I want to explore changes. That also means what I get inspired by.
Thats my main motivation for writing too. If i want to take a reading journey i just write and its like a choose your own adventure lol