Re: do you ever dream about your characters and storylines?

OsiriumWrites Wrote: You could write about your nightmare? Then it wouldn't be a nightmare anymore. Just you going over your character designs and plot gimmicks.
Already did, some of the more horrific elements in my series. I implemented some of my nightmares into them. However, there is one in particular I haven’t written about, and actively avoided, which I will for Halloween. Reason why? I was asleep for 48 hours. Still remembering that one clearly, wasn’t an easy one to escape from. 

So to clarify, I would rather not dream of those specific parts, and rather the better ones. 😂

Edge Wrote: Already did, some of the more horrific elements in my series. I implemented some of my nightmares into them. However, there is one in particular I haven’t written about, and actively avoided, which I will for Halloween. Reason why? I was asleep for 48 hours. Still remembering that one clearly, wasn’t an easy one to escape from. 

So to clarify, I would rather not dream of those specific parts, and rather the better ones. 😂

Ah, that last one sounds bad!

A friend of mine had a horrible case of sleep paralysis, with him experiencing some demonic shadow creature that was slowly pressing down on him. Horrible stuff, but he managed to get used to it. Even giving it a silly name such as Bob.

Not sure if that is healthy, but it works for him. DrakanSweat

Still, writing out bad memories/nightmares is a brave thing to do. Hopefully it brought you some relief in the long run.

OsiriumWrites Wrote: Ah, that last one sounds bad!

A friend of mine had a horrible case of sleep paralysis, with him experiencing some demonic shadow creature that was slowly pressing down on him. Horrible stuff, but he managed to get used to it. Even giving it a silly name such as Bob.

Not sure if that is healthy, but it works for him. 

Still, writing out bad memories/nightmares is a brave thing to do. Hopefully it brought you some relief in the long run.
Ouch…I had a friend who was seeing some old woman in black constantly in the corner of their room. 

Probably might be healthy to give it a name? Since it takes away the fear, so that works I suppose. 😂

Thing is, no one knows that those parts that makes them uneasy are from my nightmares. If you wanna know something, there is a certain realm in my second book that the lead constantly returns to. It made for a great plot point, however, it is a nightmarish place. I just tweaked it a bit, so it doesn’t turn into a horror. Though, I might just one day do a follow up, really nailing down everything horrible that happened in that place.